ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
CIS Use with Sublimation Inks
Post CIS Use with Sublimation Inks 
any experiences out there. i am looking to use a CIS with an Epson 1280. i will probbaly get an "empty" system so that i can choose which sub inks (dyes) to use.

mahalo fro any info.

I'm afraid my personal experience with Sublimation inks is pretty much nill so I can't help you on this score..

A good place to try though would be:
- Steve's Forums - DyeSub printers

One thing to note though... I'm pretty sure the printer you've identified would not actually work with dyesublimation inks so you might well want to check that first. I'm also pretty sure that dyesub is not something that's actually supportable using CIS.. At least not yet.

i have read many on the links over at steve's forum - great info.

the 1280 is actualy one of the most commonly used printers with a CIS and sub inks.

aloha fo' now.

-HaokeKid

You can used 1280 with sublimation ink, but please take care the minimum ink level because sublimation ink (disperse dye) more dificult to disolve when dry in your printhead

Retired E E

You can used 1280 with sublimation ink, but please take care the minimum ink level because sublimation ink (disperse dye) more dificult to disolve when dry in your printhead

Could you provide a little more info on what dye sub ink and technology are like as I'd got the impression they were a very different from InkJet but it seems I've been misinformed..

Thanks in advance Smile

I am using InkRepublic's 1280 and R800 CIS.

1280 with sublimation ink to do heat transfer.
http://www.inkrepublic.com/ProductDetail.asp?item=1280

get the empty system from ink republic.

It works with tropical graphic sublimation ink.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1