ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Canon iP1000 CIS how to?
greetings. i just heard about this CIS system. i have a canon ip1000 and would like to create my own CIS. im relatively new at this so any tips would be appreciated. what materials do i need? ty in advance to any replies.

greetings. i just heard about this CIS system. i have a canon ip1000 and would like to create my own CIS. im relatively new at this so any tips would be appreciated. what materials do i need? ty in advance to any replies.

If you're completely new to CIS kits then usually the smart move is to try and learn as much as possible about how CIS's work and the things to watch out for...

In the case of Canon's the key thing you need to be aware of is the fact that the cartridges have much bigger exit ports and tend to lose the integrity of the supply loop due to air leaks between the exit port and the actual printhead.

Beyond that a standard CIS kit consists of, appropriate tubing (needs to be glued or extruded as one ribbon), cartridges (drilled in the appropriate place(s)), ink reservoir (bottles?), Ink (of course), and some form of priming system (eg: vaccum pump)..

Most of these things you can get from places like MIS Associates or any number of other "make your own" places.

I have noticed that Canon CIS kits are harder to create though due to the fact that the tubing pathway is particularly hard to get right. For that reason, you might want to think instead of getting a pre-created CIS for the iP4000 and get a second hand printer rather than trying to do your own blend for your iP1000... Your call but you should be aware that you'll largely be on your own with many of the decisions.

Best of luck...

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1