ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Pigment CIS, Epson R200/300/RX500...
Post Pigment CIS, Epson R200/300/RX500... 
Anyone have a pigment CIS installed in the above Epson printers? Since these printers are using dye inks by default, how do the colors turn out? Did you use any special ICC profiles?

Are there ICC profiles freely available for pigment inks and these printers?

Thanks,
Arch

"I'd avoid pigment inks though as the printer isn't designed for them and you're likely to clog in short order. "
Martin said that

Post Re: Pigment CIS, Epson R200/300/RX500... 
Archimago wrote:
Anyone have a pigment CIS installed in the above Epson printers? Since these printers are using dye inks by default, how do the colors turn out? Did you use any special ICC profiles?

Are there ICC profiles freely available for pigment inks and these printers?

It's not something I'm qualified to answer properly really as I've never actually tried what you're suggesting myself. However here's a couple of references for you to follow up on (and to provide context):

http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3810
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3780&highlight=pigment+r200

The problem with the pigment inks in any printer is that they will clog a lot quicker and far more solidly than dyebase inks so you need to be sure you use them regularly. I've seen reports of people being able to use pigment inks in the R200 for example but only for a certain timeframe before the printhead fails..

It's also worth noting that you'd have to source the Light Cyans and Magentas, and as you say, figure out an appropriate colour profile when really you'd probably save time and heartache later by just purchasing a C86/88 and using it as Epson designed it (ie: with pigment inks).. The photo output on the C86/88 is really quite good if you set the output to use photo or best photo..

Hope that helps Smile

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1