ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
2 red lights flashing on my r200
Post 2 red lights flashing on my r200 
hi all,
i have just installed a CIS on my r200 epson, it printed out a page and all looked well. i went to print a few hours later and both the red lights started to flash quickly in unison and an error message came up on my monitor showing all six carts with red crosses on them. also the paper feeds halfway through then stops, i push the paper eject button and the next sheet does the same thing.

i have reset the paper and turned the printer off and on a million times and reset the carts and still the two red lights come on and the paper jams.

any ideas would be welcome,

tia, grant.

To be honest this is something that requires the assistance of someone who knows the R200 back to front and then some..

Right now it sounds like it could be that the cartridges are not seated properly or something (tubing maybe?) could be causing the printhead to go so far and then jam up against something.. You should be able to see if this is the case if you lift the transparent cover and watch what happens when you turn the printer on.

Failing that, the chips on the printer may not be seated properly or clean and thus causing problems being read..

My recommendation initially would be to check that the printer isn't the problem by removing your CIS cartridges and replacing them with some Epson originals or compatibles that you know worked before.. Run the printer and see if that does anything different (ie: works Smile) and then if the problem is still apparent you know the issue is printer related.. If not, then you know it's something to do with the CIS..

I was not able to fix the printer,I also posted to a printer NG and there were a couple of suggestions but nothing that I hadn't tried.
I reseated the cartridges and checked the paper feed, there was nothing I could see that was amiss and as I have used printers for 14 years and CIS for over 4 years I have had a bit of experience with printers and fixing problems.I rang the firm that I bought the printer from, even though I have had the printer for some time, they are going to send me one of their ex demo printers as a replacement, which is pretty good service.

It's unfortunate i couldn't fix the problem, it seems to be a printer problem and not the CIS.

Regards,
Grant.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1