ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Req: howto clean i9950 after inkleakage
Post Req: howto clean i9950 after inkleakage 
At one stage one of the cartridges in the printer leaked and so 200ml of ink were spilt into the printer

Is there a way to clean the inner parts myself , or do I need to send the printer to canon?
any help / info / links appreciated

Post Re: Req: howto clean i9950 after inkleakage 
Pmaartense wrote:
At one stage one of the cartridges in the printer leaked and so 200ml of ink were spilt into the printer

Is there a way to clean the inner parts myself , or do I need to send the printer to canon?
any help / info / links appreciated

Before I respond... Just to note I spell checked your original post and corrected a few things as it was pretty unreadable.. For future reference it helps if you check your information or it gets confusing... Like for example the fact that the iP9550 doesn't have a 200ml cartridge.. I'm pretty sure you mean 20ml... Not giving you a hard time, just noting it makes it easier if the info isn't confused.

Anyways, that aside, my advice would be to contact Canon and request a replacement or server provided of course you are using genuine Canon cartridges and/or you haven't done anything to the printer that might invalidate the warranty.

You could try cleaning it all up yourself but when you're working with something as expensive as that printer, getting them to deal with it might be better.

what happened is that the CIS cartridges leaked and therefore all the ink ended up in the printer...

I see a pad under the Printhead that is for spilt ink, and this one must be full by now Sad
also some smears on the back of paper ( some of the paper guidance roller are dirty as well) therefore I am looking for a kind of cleaning guide.

Or will bring the printer to canon for a cleanup.

sorry for the typos;

No worries... just thought I'd mention it to save on head scratching Wink

Quote:
what happened is that the CIS cartridges leaked and therefore all the ink ended up in the printer...

Ouch!

So, when you said 200ml you really mean't it... Not much fun then...

Quote:
I see a pad under the Printhead that is for spilt ink, and this one must be full by now Sad

I wouldn't be quite so sure but it won't have helped it that's certain.

Quote:
also some smears on the back of paper ( some of the paper guidance roller are dirty as well) therefore I am looking for a kind of cleaning guide.

Or will bring the printer to canon for a cleanup.

I could offer some suggestions but I think the smartest move with this would be to get you to go over to nifty-stuff.com forum and provide the folks over there with a detailed account of your problem along with a few pictures of the inside of your printer. I suspect the folks over there can provide more help than the still small community on here can, or at least a faster response.. Check back though and let us know how you make out.

As to contacting Canon I suspect you'll hit a few questions regarding the use of a CIS and they may decide it's a non-warranty issue.. If you do go that route I'd recommend giving them as little information as possible (ie: "I found it like this.. yes I have kids" type).

Best of luck...

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1