ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Another concept system
Post Another concept system 
Martin;
I don't know if you have seen this system yet. It looks like it may be worth checking out. I see no reviews yet. A little early I guess.

http://www.inkjetfly.com/product_info.php?products_id=32

My Nexxtech is still working fine so far.

(If you feel this is promoting kindly remove this thread)

Thanks
Gumby

Post Re: Another concept system 
Gumby wrote:
Martin;
I don't know if you have seen this system yet. It looks like it may be worth checking out. I see no reviews yet. A little early I guess.

http://www.inkjetfly.com/product_info.php?products_id=32

My Nexxtech is still working fine so far.

(If you feel this is promoting kindly remove this thread)

Thanks
Gumby

I've actually had an email from the company asking if I can organise a review but I've been too busy to respond as yet...

The big problem with the review side of things is having the printer(s) available to try them on and there's only a few folks on here who I still don't know enough about to ensure impartiality..

Definitely one to add to the list for future reference though..

I just received one of these units today for an Epson R220. If it works as well as it looks it should be a winner. I have a set of cartridges to run out before I try it. One thing I did notice is that it has what appear to be fine mesh filters at each outlet. Each outlet can also be removed and replaced without tools or cutting. This would lead me to believe that these cartridges share some common parts, with the main body of the cartridge being unique for each printer. I do not see any type of pressure or level control. When I install it I will elevate it to match the heighth of the cartridge carriage. The cartridges have a removeable rubber plug in the bottom facilitating very easy refill if you are so inclined. As the cartridges are reasonably priced I am hoping the ink is high quality and matches or profiles well. Yes this is my first post, hope you like it. Smile

I hate sounding like a doubting Thomas Very Happy

28 dollars for 5 refills at 50 ml is in the same ballpark as high end ink. MIS has their R200 dye based ink at around 5 bucks for 2 ounces, which would be 30 dollars for 360 ml.

But yes, the system does look interesting. I've read a little about them over the last two weeks.

Of course I'm not one to buy expensive ink, because I must not have a very critical eye. My chinese ink has impressed me, and I actually like the colors I'm getting.

Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes in the future.

C-ya, Jimbo.

I hate sounding like a doubting Thomas Very Happy

28 dollars for 5 refills at 50 ml is in the same ballpark as high end ink. MIS has their R200 dye based ink at around 5 bucks for 2 ounces, which would be 30 dollars for 360 ml.

My chinese ink has impressed me, and I actually like the colors I'm getting.

Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes in the future.

C-ya, Jimbo.
Dollar for dollar they are almost identical pricewise. Inkjetfly might be a buck or two less. Its the mess I won't miss. I have been using the Skyhorse 2 parts cartridges for the last year and a half. I am also impressed with the chinese ink.

On the issue of the "chinese ink" I'm aware that the term gets slated quite a lot normally because there are so many abusers out there with poor quality rubbish..

It'd be interesting to see if a good quality supply does turn up that is consistent so if your experience bears that out please say so.. obviously qualify your opinion if you're a seller and/or expert/amateur in the field of colour matching, etc..

Interesting use of 3rd party HP cartridges as bulk ink tanks.

I built a few CIS using Epson 3000 cartridges as 100ml tanks. Not to difficult to refill with a large syringe and blunt needle.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1