ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Help Please Newbie here
Post Help Please Newbie here 
i have been using a cis sytem for bout 2 weeks now i recently topped it up with new ink bought from ebay and all the colours work fine except for black if i open paint and print ten black pages it has lines across if i clean the head then after 2-3 times the black ink comes through then its the same again i know shouldnt clean the head to often. can you please advice im real sorry im a tottal newbie at this thanks in advance

Post Re: Help Please Newbie here 
mad_ary wrote:
i have been using a cis sytem for bout 2 weeks now i recently topped it up with new ink bought from ebay and all the colours work fine except for black if i open paint and print ten black pages it has lines across if i clean the head then after 2-3 times the black ink comes through then its the same again i know shouldnt clean the head to often. can you please advice im real sorry im a tottal newbie at this thanks in advance

I guess the key things to ask are:
  • is the new ink you bought on eBay from the same supplier as your original batch?
  • Are the inks both of the same type ie: dyebase or pigment?
  • Did the problems only start after you topped up your reservoirs?
  • What is your system and where did you get it?
  • Anything else you can think of that might help?

Can't promise any solutions but at the moment it sounds a little like you may have mixed incompatible inks together or the topping up process has created a flow problem which is starving the printhead.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1