ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
iP5200 CIS recommendation request
Glad you see things in that light. I agree with you that in every 100 units there will be 1 which does not perform to standards. Interesting that you could still pick the good pieces for recycling albeit the absolute frustration.

Pauline.

Post Cis priming 
I'm looking for a good and almost mess free technique that I can use
any ideas Martin or others

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Re: Cis priming 
rondo wrote:
I'm looking for a good and almost mess free technique that I can use
any ideas Martin or others

Priming is covered here:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3834

... not ideal but it gives you a few options..

Post Canon Pixma iP4000 
I have 6 of these printers and I refill the cartrigdges no problem. Trouble is if I refill in the middle of a long job there can be "slight" color variances - no good. I tried an Echo Store CIS and it didn't work - would print everything but black - Echo Store didn't answer and phone calls - or emails no support at all.

Then I tried a CIS for and Epson 220 (from Printonadime) it is excellent - worked first time and it's great.

Trouble is the Epson 220 isn't good with heavier stocks so now I'm looking for a RELIABLE CIS and printer that can print on heavy lined envelopes and card stock.

Any suggestions??

PS: After having great results with the Epson I figured mabe the first Canaon system was just bad and bought a second one .... yes from Echo Store.... no it didn't work... yes I'm a dummy... yes I returned it.

I was going to buy from ContinuousInk but was nervous about bringing it in from the UK (duties, taxes etc) and since it appears to be EXACTLY the same system in the same box.......

Post Re: Canon Pixma iP4000 
simonj wrote:
Trouble is the Epson 220 isn't good with heavier stocks so now I'm looking for a RELIABLE CIS and printer that can print on heavy lined envelopes and card stock.

You're problem there isn't going to be the actual CIS but more the issue of paper/media path and how little bend you can get away with... Not easy.. but let us know if you find anything.

Quote:
PS: After having great results with the Epson I figured mabe the first Canaon system was just bad and bought a second one .... yes from Echo Store.... no it didn't work... yes I'm a dummy... yes I returned it.

The thing with the Canons is that the seal between the cartridge and the printhead is a lot less firm and requires more finessing to make a good seal as I keep finding with my kits.

My solution has been home made silicon grommets made from silicon tape using hollow punches. Slip those in between the original grommet and the cartridge and it generally solves most problems rather well.

Of course the fact that I made the CIS myself, and had good ink helped but hey.. my modesty stops me from crowing about that too much Wink

Quote:
I was going to buy from ContinuousInk but was nervous about bringing it in from the UK (duties, taxes etc) and since it appears to be EXACTLY the same system in the same box.......

Well if i were you I'd consider emailing them up front with your concerns and explaining that you have a similar kit and problems and note this thread.. If nought else they may opt to help you out in the hope it'll get them some good publicity. Who knows..

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3