ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
R1800 CIS
Post R1800 CIS 
After reading countless reviews, it seems like people prefer the MIS CIS and ink as the system of choice. What do you guys use for a CIS? I was looking for one that has the least amount of problems, has the closest ink quality to the Epson ink, and is reasonably priced. MIS is freaking expensive but a lot of people are saying that it's worth it, what do you think? Would MIS' system even fit in a R1800 (it only shows the R800)? Can you mix a CIS system with another company's ink (efillink's CIS and MIS' ink)?

*Sidenote*
If there are any CIS company owners that try to spam the hell out of this thread, I will avoid your products like the plague and the people that read this will most likely do the same. Basically, if you need to spam, your system is so poor that it's not even worth the time to review it. Give us pointers as to why it is a good system, back it up with other people's review, and post what company you work for so we know that you stand by your system and you will seem more professional in doing so.
*/Sidenote*

Thanks everyone that chimed in.

Post Re: R1800 CIS 
Clockworks wrote:
Would MIS' system even fit in a R1800 (it only shows the R800)?

Probably not.. MIS are notorious for planning the tube length to within an inch of the required amount for the layout they specify and given that the R800 is an A4/letter size printer and not an A3 size (which is obviously bigger) I'd hazzard a guess that it wouldn't have tubing long enough.

Quote:
Can you mix a CIS system with another company's ink (efillink's CIS and MIS' ink)?

Mixing ink as a rule is a bad idea. Chemical composition of inks is usually different between companies (unless of course you know the overall supplier is the same one (eg: Gemini Colours and MIS get their Epson inks from the same source) but even then you need to be sure they are actually the same and half the time the companies won't tell you. Sad

Generally it's better to flush a CIS and then replace it with ink from the same company to avoid potential upsets.. just remember to flush using distilled water last of all, to avoid adding any minerals from regular tap water.

I can't help you much with the R1800 but I'd try giving Robert at Gemini Colours a call (www.refillink.biz : based in Holland) and see if he can provide you with any pointers. He's probably tried an R1800 kit and may be able to recommend one that works or at least tell you what to watch out for.. I'll try to remember to ask him when I next speak to him myself although that's likely to be in a few weeks.

Just to note that MIS are considering whether or not to create an R1800 CIS kit so if you are interested I'd register on their forum and post that you have an interest...

http://mis.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=442&st=0&p=1823&#entry1823

Just to note that MIS are considering whether or not to create an R1800 CIS kit so if you are interested I'd register on their forum and post that you have an interest...

http://mis.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=442&st=0&p=1823&#entry1823

I signed up for that forum specifically for that reason, with the same user name.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1