ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Buying a new printer
Post Buying a new printer 
I have tried cleaning my Epson R200 with everything and the cyan is still clogged.
Since I got my Nexxtech CIS, I noticed that my print quality when down after a month.
I also have a Epson C60 which is really old that has the same problem but i never had a CIS on it.

So im deciding on buying a new printer...
And I noticed that you have a lot of priners.
Which would be better to get?
I found a Canon Pixma IP6320D for $49USD was $179 on sale
also there is a Epson Stylus All-In-1 Multifunction Centre (CX4200) for $49 but i dont wanna go with another clogging epson

which would be better to get for using refilled inks since i still have lots of ink left over from my CIS.

Thanks

You may want to consider starting over to be honest as the Cyan clog issue with the R200/300's is pretty much down to the ink. There have been so many reports of problems with Cyan ink in the 300/200 printers that only appear over time that using it in another printer may be a little, erm... well asking for trouble Razz

As to which printer... Erk... there's so many to choose from right now... Your best bet is to head over to Steves-forums and look at some of the input on there... There's also a lot of reviews for printers available if you look around, particularly if you have an interest in photo printers.

If you're after Canons in particular then Nifty Stuff is definitely worth visiting as they know a lot about the refilling side of things, especially when it comes to Canons.

Hopefully that helps somewhat... Smile

I certainly agree with what you say about ink - the best course of action is to pour it away!! My own limited experience with the R220 (only on my fourth and last set of genuine cartridges) has been that I have never had to run a cleaning cycle apart from those the printer does automatically when changing cartridges or switching on - the nozzle pattern has been perfect every time.

I am about to change over to Euroink in refillable cartridges, as my usage of ink really doesn't justify fitting a CIS - sorry to be a traitor to the CIS camp!! Will be interested to see if that ink is as similar to Epson ink as is claimed.

I can't help wondering if their is some sort of "ageing" process going on with the cyan ink, as the OEM's effectively put a "use by" date on their cartridges once the sealed package is opened. Maybe Thuglife's ink had been open to atmosphere for a long time (in his CIS), and deterioration had taken place.

I read somewhere that "weak ammonia solution" would dissolve any inkjet ink - have you tried that line of attack. Remove your ink cartridges, soak a pad of absorbent paper in the solution and leave the head in contact for a few days. Might just work for you as well.

Thuglife, here is a link you might find useful to assist in unclogging your R220. There are lots of other sources I am sure, but if you are in the USA this looks promising.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson/K70

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1