ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Buy or build my ciss Lexmark
Post Buy or build my ciss Lexmark 
hi ,
I want to buy a ciss sistem for my lexmark x6170 with cartridge 82/83 but i find only a single producer for my printer (http://duopule.diytrade.com/sdp/443308/4/pd-2464930/2553148-1284724.html) and i did'nt find a way to buy from them. Can someone help with this problem? (I am from Romania ).
If is not possible to buy one can someone to help me to buid a ciss sistem ?
If you have spare parts for yours ciss and you can sent to me ( tubes ,conectors ,rezervoirs etc )?

I don't know that type of printer so my comments are based on what I could find out about the unit from the web.. but if my sources are correct you would be wasting your time trying to fit a CIS to a cartridge for your printer, as the printhead is built into the cartridge. As a result it's unlikely to last for longer than twice the volume of ink your cartridge normally holds.

You would be much better off finding a printer that has printheads separate from the cartridge (epson, Canon Pixma ip3300 ->, HP k550, etc..) and get a kit for one of those printers.

Hope that helps and sorry it's not good news.

If i understand you think about the original cartridge not have durability in time ? Anyway i want to try .Please sent to me if you have drawing ,schemes anything you consider useful.
I receive 2 offers : a ciss sistem for my printer (from Singapore ) but the price is 150 $ +transport taxes . I think is too expensiv .
Second offer: (Canada ) reservoirs 75 ml $5 each, and $3 a meter for 4 channel tubing and the fittings for free+taxes . I have a question for you : this rezervoirs are not calculated for each printer ?It is OK to buy ?

Hi ,thanks martin for your answers .
If i understand you think about the original cartridge not have durability in time ? Anyway i want to try .Please sent to me if you have drawing ,schemes anything you consider useful.

Without knowing how the printer is organised I couldn't tell you but I can recommend you look for refilling information for your cartridges as that will indicate where to place the fittings. Having look quickly it looks like you're going to have a lot of "fun" with the colour cartridge.

Quote:
I receive 2 offers : a ciss sistem for my printer (from Singapore ) but the price is 150 $ +transport taxes . I think is too expensiv .
Second offer: (Canada ) reservoirs 75 ml $5 each, and $3 a meter for 4 channel tubing and the fittings for free+taxes . I have a question for you : this rezervoirs are not calculated for each printer ?It is OK to buy ?

The Singapore offer is useless.. as I said there's no point using a CIS with this machine and $150 would pay for a new printer.. forget that!

As for the canadian offer, that sounds about right.. the reservoir would consist of bottles with dip tubes (ie: they dip into the ink in the bottle) and based on my own costs $5 is ok. The tubing is also pretty good but it may not be quite the quality you want.. You'll need to check.. fittings for free is a good deal (I pay 50cents for each of mine!).

Just to repeat though, it's ok as an exercise in seeing if it's possible but I really don't think it's going to work too well..

Best of luck.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1