ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Research: Creating a Canon iP4200 CIS..
Post Dead Link? 
Martin, Tks for your time & Effort as moderator. I am considering the purchase of a new Canon 4200, but only if I have a running chance at converting it to a CIS. I tried to view the pictures of one of your conversions Hot Linked in your post of 7 Jun at 1129. I got an error. Could you check and see if it is good?

Post Re: Dead Link? 
moestevens wrote:
Martin, Tks for your time & Effort as moderator. I am considering the purchase of a new Canon 4200, but only if I have a running chance at converting it to a CIS. I tried to view the pictures of one of your conversions Hot Linked in your post of 7 Jun at 1129. I got an error. Could you check and see if it is good?

Not sure what happened to the link (if you could find where the dead link was I'd appreciate it) but here's the current one.

http://www.continuousink.info/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=85

In terms of a "How to.." I've learned a few new things about CIS's and Canons recently that mean I've a couple of things to try out to see if they fix one or two issues I've had problems with, namely keeping the tubing from dropping into the path of the carriage and jamming it.

I'll keep you posted.

As the new owner of an ip4300 I was wondering whether there had been any real progress on a cis system for the latest pixma ranges?

I have seen a couple mentioned on ebay but cant seem to find any users to gain first hand experience.

Any news?

As the new owner of an ip4300 I was wondering whether there had been any real progress on a cis system for the latest pixma ranges?

I have seen a couple mentioned on ebay but cant seem to find any users to gain first hand experience.

Any news?

I couldn't guarantee anything about the iP4300 because none have come out that were refurbs or cheap enough to warrant me buying one to play with.

What I can tell you is that right now I have managed to create a bloody good self-build system that works brilliantly and that I intend to document properly but it's likely to be in the new year and I suspect you want a pre-fab kit anyway.

I also have a CIS kit that fits the bill of a number of CIS clone resellers on eBay but because I haven't had any spare workshop space I haven't had a chance to get it setup for testing and review.

All in all I'm very aware that this really doesn't help you a lot... However I can tell you that the kit produced by MIS is a lot like my home build version. It uses the OEM cartridges, some low profile elbow joins and a very well thought out tubing pathway to do it's job. Better than my own efforts in truth Smile

You do pay through the nose but I would imagine, unless there's any nasty surprises in the firmware for the iP4300, you should be just fine.

As I said I'll be posting up some stuff in the new year about my own approach so watch this space..

Thanks for that Martin, I imagine it'll be a while before I actually get around to setting up a cis system anyway so it may well be that your info arrives in good time.

I'll look forward to seeing it.

What I can tell you is that right now I have managed to create a bloody good self-build system that works brilliantly and that I intend to document properly but it's likely to be in the new year

Hi, I stumbled on your site while searching for a DIY tutorial for a Canon CISS. I have to say: I'm really looking forward for your guide!

From the pictures provided so far I guess you system works in priciple like ocular described it before, right? (Meaning: One end of the ink tube goes into the sponge chamber of the cartidge, the other end goes into the external ink tank (which also has a vent hole and is placed so that the ink level is below the level of the print head))

In truth when I started out it seemed that building a CIS for the Canons would be a doddle, since then I've learned the hard way that there's a number of issues with these printers that make life "interesting" to say the least.

On the up side however there's a long discussion going on over on http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum about building the ultimate Canon CIS and it covers a lot more ground that I intended or thought was needed so it's well worth taking some time to read up on things there.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2