ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Gradually disappearing colours - one by one ?
jensieboy wrote:
I filled and inserted a complete set only to find that the Photo Black and Matte Black error/empty lights flashed ( Epson 2100 7 colour printer ) and so couldn't print.

Took me a bit of time but soon figured out that you're using standard chips and just want to reset them... In truth given your situation I'd just stick to putting the Everest auto-reset chips in but make a very strong point of topping them up every X period of time so you can be 100% sure that they don't run dry.

Shouldn't cause any problems just so long as you remember which chips are which.

OK, I've been using the auto reset chips from the old Everest in the MIS refill carts for a while now ( refilling perhaps 2-3 times ) but I now have an "empty matte black" light and cannot print. I thought these were supposed to "auto" reset ? I tried a chip resetter but no luck..

What's the trick Question

PS - I had the printer 'off' and unplugged overnight but no luck. Fried chip?

PS - I had the printer 'off' and unplugged overnight but no luck. Fried chip?

Sorry for the late response but it does sound like your chip isn't happy...

I'd just grab some from an old OEM and use your resetter to reset them.. should be simple enough to find an empty with the chip you need.

If that doesn't work then there's something awry in the printer

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3