ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
epson R220 probs
Post epson R220 probs 
I having probs with this printer and I suspect that I need to replace and/or clean the waste ink pads

havent been able to find out how to get at them so I thought I would try here

I do have the ssc utility and it supposedly reset all the counters

but the red lights flash continuously

help

Post Re: epson R220 probs 
richard53 wrote:
I having probs with this printer and I suspect that I need to replace and/or clean the waste ink pads

havent been able to find out how to get at them so I thought I would try here

I do have the ssc utility and it supposedly reset all the counters

but the red lights flash continuously

My days with Epsons are severely hazy and I never got to grips with an R220 but from what you're saying it's unlikely that the SSC util has reset the waste counter unless that was never the problem.

You might want to try and check if the waste counter has a value or cast around for the official Epson printer tech util (if you can find it available) as that'll give you a definitive answer.

As to the waste pads, you're better off going the route of re-routing the waste ink pipe as per this resource

I reset the waste ink counter on my R220 using the latest version of the SSC utility without any difficulty (you must have V2.10 or above to use it on the R220).

Invoking the utility from your desktop brings up a display of the ink level counters - close this down to leave an icon in the task bar. Right click the icon and select "protection counter" from the menu that appears. From the next menu you can view or reset the counter.

As Martin says, fit an external waste tank by taking the internal waste tube out through a convenient hatch in the back of the printer (I drilled a small hole in mine to keep everything tidy) Don't skimp on the size of the tank - you will be shocked at the amount of expensive ink that collects in there!!

If all else fails I have the Epson maintenance manual on disk somewhere. Contact me in the New Year if you need a copy, as I am away for Xmas.

Good luck

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1