ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Isobaric pressure explanation..
Post Isobaric pressure explanation.. 
My understanding is that this is the kind of pressure at work in my CIS. Is there a site that describes how CISs work with this pressure mode? Like an animated gif or something? The better I can understand the science behind it, the better I will be able to maintain my CIS as to when to clamp, when to raise or lower the bottles etc.

They need this kind of article on howstuffworks.com

I had looked at some sites about isobaric pressure, but they were either too technical and/or did not speak specifically about CIS.

thanks

Rick

This is not quite the scientific explanation you were looking for but here goes. IMHO ink cartridges are intended to be head neutral (that is my term). The ink needs to be able to flow at widely differing speeds on demand but not bleed through the head during periods of inactivity. The replacement cartridges provided with CIS systems remove the open cell foam and provide, as a flow regulator, a constant head (source) at the tanks themselves thus emulating, say, a half full cartridge. It is the lack of any positive pressure which makes any air bubbles such a nuisance during set up, there is simply no force to drive a bubble through the pipe.
The following link is information provided by a TradeMe (like eBay) vendor in NZ. The head control feature can be seen in this explanation. http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~kng1/
Hope that this helps you in your knowledge quest and if my explanation is incorrect or misleading perhaps another Forum contributor will be encouraged to set us right.
Regards
Bryan

Thank you for the response. I will give it a read this weekend.

near Chicago IL USA

Epson R1800 printer, InkJetFly BigFoot CIS.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1