ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
CISS Small parts
Post CISS Small parts 
Hello Martin
It's been a long time.

I am happy to report my R220 has been working fine, once I ironed out the beginners kinks.

However last week I noticed air bubbles in my supply tubing, near the cartridges. Some more than others.
I did some basic trouble shooting and the short story is this.
The silicone seals into the cartridges which seal off the elbows for the lines had finally deformed and it looked
as if they had shrunk a little allowing a break in the suction from the cartridge.
Of course a complete loss of that particular color occurred.

My question to the forum is this:
Does anyone have a source for replacements of these seals and other small parts that will ship
in small quantities? Ideally in Canada or the USA. Otherwise where ever I could get some.

Many thanks for any help,

Gumby

I'm afraid I don't use that particular type of cartridge or CIS but I think I know the sort of thing you mean.

Sadly I don't have anything like that available though so I'm not much help... Depending on how much space you have for vertical clearance you could use something like this as a replacement:
Barbed elbow fitting

I have a lower profile version for 1/16" ID tubing too but that's not shown on there...

It may not be ideal but that's about all I can suggest at this point I'm afraid... Embarassed

I'm afraid I don't use that particular type of cartridge or CIS but I think I know the sort of thing you mean.

Sadly I don't have anything like that available though so I'm not much help... Depending on how much space you have for vertical clearance you could use something like this as a replacement:
Barbed elbow fitting

I have a lower profile version for 1/16" ID tubing too but that's not shown on there...

It may not be ideal but that's about all I can suggest at this point I'm afraid... Embarassed

Thank you for getting back to me Martin.

Very close to being a fix but I fear if I try tapping the cartridges to take the threaded elbow debris would surely enter the cartridge causing problems. I'll see if I have any luck getting the seals and if not may just grab another of Nexxtech's systems. I noticed they are on the Internet for $30 Canadian just now............less than the cost of ink. Plus I already know the chips need changing so it should be a no brainer.

Nice to see your website is doing so well. Good for you.

Thank you,

Gumby

I'd like to tell you I found the items I needed, by contacting Print on a Dime. http://www.printonadime.com/
Emery was going to ship them to me no charge but I ordered another set of ARChips from him to make it worth his while.
I was amazed by the service. Mailed there at about 9:00 PM. By 11:00 PM he had responded, determined my needs and my order was all but paid for, which I took care of today.
They have a very helpful business and if you ever need something be sure to give them a try.

Thanks for your help to me Martin. I drop in now and then to check up on you. Wink

Gumby

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1