ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Can I switch from R300 to R285
Post Can I switch from R300 to R285 
Hi, Complete novice.
I have an old CIS bought for Epson R300 that I have never used (still in box) can I change the carts on this so I can use with a R285 AND IS IT EASY TO DO?
Thank You in Advance.

Post Re: Can I switch from R300 to R285 
russellsnr wrote:
Hi, Complete novice.
I have an old CIS bought for Epson R300 that I have never used (still in box) can I change the carts on this so I can use with a R285 AND IS IT EASY TO DO?
Thank You in Advance.

Hi,

Unless I'm very much mistaken the cartridges should work just fine for the R285 as they would for the R300 (assuming of course they were any good in the first place) but what will definitely NOT work is the chips.

The R285 uses a very much more complex and complicated chip that requires the cartridges to be removed from the printer whenever they are "empty" unlike earlier models where the printer could just be turned off/on again or the ARC would just reset in situ. Some CIS manufacturers have come up with some clever work-arounds to this but they do require cartridges with a very different design so my advice would be to get a completely new kit rather than trying to jury-rig your existing one.

Hope that helps and all the best...

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1