ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Name and shame time... Blatant copyright theft!
Post Name and shame time... Blatant copyright theft! 
Someone at iComp Ink & Media seems to think that it is perfectly acceptable to copy verbose my descriptions from product listings on eBay and Octoinkjet.

Take a look for yourselves..
impact computers.co.uk/shop/epson-printer-waste-ink-tank.html (link broken to reduce SEO benefit)

It may have changed or be deleted by now so here's a screenshot just in case:

You can check where they got the copy from by using this simple quote search in google:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...

Obviously someone in the company feels it's perfectly acceptable to steal content, written by competitors, to promote their own products... Shame they didn't even bother to read the copy or adapt it to the fact that:
  1. Their product is a bottle, not a bag.

2. Their kit actually breaks the rule that they've quoted from my information:
    Quote:
    The tubing and "tank" should NEVER be higher than the printhead (approximately 2inches/ 5cm from the base of the printer) otherwise the ink can backflow into the waste pad, that the printhead rests on.

Needless to say I'm not amused by this blatant theft. But as we're here let's just do a little review of their kit shall we.
  1. It's a thin waisted bottle that has less stability than a bag or box unit so while it's empty or low in ink it's more prone to being knocked over and spilling.
  2. If my copy is being stolen for sales purposes then you can bet that my instructions have also been stolen so it's unlikely they know half of the processes for actually fitting the kits.
  3. The waste tube itself is considerably thinner than my 3/16" Inner Diameter tubing and as such will probably have back pressure issues.

I don't normally go for this sort of thing but in this case the name and shame is well deserved...

Last edited by Martin on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Some weeks later it seems they finally woken up to the infringement as the content has been rewritten (Badly!)...

Still ignoring the fact that their kit doesn't follow the basic rules of waste ink flow... Either way, I'm killing the direct link as they don't need the Search Engine benefit.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1