ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Problems with CISS for HP 2300
Post Problems with CISS for HP 2300 
Hi. I am having problems with CIS systems. I bought one from ebay that does not work, another from a Florida seller that did not work - but they refunded my money, and a third from Atlantic Ink Jet - that does not work either. Is it coincidence or random that all three CIS systems did not work? Is there a recomended place to buy these (I also need them for a Hp K5400)?
EP

Post Re: Problems with CISS for HP 2300 
Ep wrote:
Hi. I am having problems with CIS systems. I bought one from ebay that does not work, another from a Florida seller that did not work - but they refunded my money, and a third from Atlantic Ink Jet - that does not work either.

I'm assuming this printer uses the HP10/11 cartridge types?

Quote:
Is it coincidence or random that all three CIS systems did not work? Is there a recomended place to buy these (I also need them for a Hp K5400)?

It depends entirely on what you mean by "not work" really... I know with the K550, K5400 and K850 (to name but a few that I tried) that I had to build my own kits and that was no easy challenge. Most of the commercial kits are based around the idea that pressure needs to be negative or slightly negative which is definitely not the case with HP officejet printers so it's not easy finding one that does.

I'm in the process of sorting out my own product in this regard (waiting on a specific adhesive testing before I commit fully) but in all honesty I'd source the necessary reset chips seperately and build something like this:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4194

... rather than trying to use 3rd party cartridges.

Sorry the response took so long btw..

I have tried out 3rd party cartridges and auto-reset chips for HP10/11 cartridges from several eBay vendors... out of necessity. The vast majority of them Just Don't Work. It's not just you.

I stopped looking after finding a seller that sold chips that worked properly. I'm sure there are others, but the seller I get mine from is 'lininternational'. I've bought four sets of HP10/11 chips from him, all worked perfectly without any hiccups. The rest of the system I built myself since the HPs are a little special.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1