ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
px700w head problem?
Post px700w head problem? 
Hey guys, Im at my wits end with this problem so best to ask the pro's Smile

My px700w with a CISS and waste ink tub has started giving me a hard time. When I print something in HQ with HQ paper I get smudging at the end of the print, 90% of it is fine, just when it gets to the end I get a big smudge.. if I print 3 or so copies of it then it gets better, but then after a couple of good sheets the heads need cleaning and I have to start again! Ive never flushed it out, is this my first thing to do?

Thanks for the help.

Mick

Post Re: px700w head problem? 
micflair wrote:
Hey guys, Im at my wits end with this problem so best to ask the pro's Smile

My px700w with a CISS and waste ink tub has started giving me a hard time. When I print something in HQ with HQ paper I get smudging at the end of the print, 90% of it is fine, just when it gets to the end I get a big smudge.. if I print 3 or so copies of it then it gets better, but then after a couple of good sheets the heads need cleaning and I have to start again! Ive never flushed it out, is this my first thing to do?

Hi Mick,

Sorry this has taken so long to respond but I missed this utterly...

The chances are your printhead is getting a coat of ink on the underside from poor cleaning when it's in the parking pad. This usually points to ink clogging in the waste tube, poor positioning of any waste ink tank (ie: tube rising up above printhead height) or some kind of problem with the CIS itself (eg: overpressure forcing ink out when resting, etc...).

Best way to try and resolve it all is to remove the possible vectors that you can and reduce your number of candidates.

1. As you have an external waste ink kit installed, check:
- that the tube isn't kinked
- the tube is not rising more than 2cm above the bottom of the printer

2. Soak the printhead resting/cleaning pad with an inkjet cleaning solution or distilled water

3. Move the printhead off the resting/cleaning pad then release the waste tube from your external kit and carefully draw any waste ink out using a syringe. Chances are the pump will resist this somewhat so don't force it...

4. Wad up some lint free cloth and soak with inkjet cleaning solution or distilled water and place over the resting/parking pad then move the printhead back into position. Move printhead off after 2 minutes.. Chances are you'll see a lot of gunked ink on there.

5. Check your CIS for any air leaks and make sure that the reservoirs are at the correct level (ie: not above the printhead and that the reservoir air/balance is set correctly)

With a little luck this will nail down the culprit and help fix the problem...

Cheers mate for the help, its greatly appreciated. Okay a bit more info for you, I only installed the waste ink box AFTER this problem started because I thought it could help.. it didn't, so I can write off any problems with that I guess!

Im gonna try steps 2,3 and 4 that you recommend. I might be back to pester you..

Thanks again!

Cheers mate for the help, its greatly appreciated. Okay a bit more info for you, I only installed the waste ink box AFTER this problem started because I thought it could help.. it didn't, so I can write off any problems with that I guess!

My guess is that the CIS is the root cause then... Most likely a leak or overpressure...

Quote:
Im gonna try steps 2,3 and 4 that you recommend. I might be back to pester you..

Thanks again!

Let me know how you got on... Smile

okay then, had a little play. First job was to clean up under the parking area, I did this and its all sorted! Didn't have to do anything else! Thanks for your help.. now my next problem is the printer is struggling pulling paper in, any advice on cleaning the roller?

Cheers!

okay then, had a little play. First job was to clean up under the parking area, I did this and its all sorted! Didn't have to do anything else! Thanks for your help.. now my next problem is the printer is struggling pulling paper in, any advice on cleaning the roller?

Cheers!

A year+ late but you can usually find kits for cleaning printer paper feed rollers... There's sprays and other things that help remove residue, etc... but I can't find my old links for them... Think Office World used to have it.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1