ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Questions regarding CISS & Refillable Cartridges for Eps
Post Questions regarding CISS & Refillable Cartridges for Eps 
Hi all .. I have an upcoming interest in photography, and I want to purchase a printer which in Asia is known as Epson T60 (or R290) ... To save money on printing costs, I'm looking into the possibility of hooking up this printer with a Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) or use Refillable Cartridges .. Because these methods void the warranty (the first one does for sure at least), I have a few questions to ask if anybody here has used either of these techniques on Epson printers before:

1) My main concern with CISS is that I've heard that its only good for people who print a lot (e.g. people using the printer for commercial purposes, etc ..), because if you don't print anything for a few days then the printer head goes faulty, and you have to then either repair it (50% of it being repaired) or replace it with a new head, or else your printer is gone ! ... Is this true ?? .. So if I print like one a week or two weeks, my printer would be dead ?? Is there no way to avoid this ?

2) Does the above problem occur if I get refillable cartridges instead ? Would there still be a need to print at least a few times a week to keep the head and printer alive and working ?

3) Which of the two methods is generally better, in terms of quality, reliability, and safety for the printer ? ... Cost is not an issue for me ..

4) Does anyone know the model name for the US version of this printer ? .. If I know the model name/number of this printer's US version then I can will be able to google a whole lot more data .. Smile

Right now in my area, I have to choose between either this printer, or the HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One (local model number is B110a), which actually has a lot of features, but I'm not sure if its print quality will be the same as Epson T60's (which is excellent by the way!) ..

So any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated .. Smile

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1