ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
R280 Continuous in fail
Post R280 Continuous in fail 
I am trying to hook up my continuous ink to an R280 Epson, I followed the instructions on film, but cannot get the printer to recognize the system, shows akl cartrdges empty, am I missing a step doesn't look as though the ink is flowing to the cartridges.

Post Re: R280 Continuous in fail 
jimdandee wrote:
I am trying to hook up my continuous ink to an R280 Epson, I followed the instructions on film, but cannot get the printer to recognize the system, shows akl cartrdges empty, am I missing a step doesn't look as though the ink is flowing to the cartridges.

Two things to look into...

1. Have you installed the original cartridges (the ones that came with the printer) first before you tried to install the CIS?... If not, you need to do this before the printer will accept anything else. It was a measure that Epson put in place because people were buying in printers, splitting the cartridges, CD-trays, etc... and then selling the parts for more than the printer on its own.

2. If 1. doesn't apply then chances are there's a problem with the chips and you need to talk to the seller/manufacturer about how the chips reset... Usually there's a chip switch or routine of power off/on that needs to be followed during initial installation. It could also be that the chips are soiled, damaged or completely wrong for your printer.

Hope some of that is useful.

Martin

Post Reply R280 
Thanks Martin I have notified the seller, I bought it on Amazon, not thinking I should have purchased it from you, will next time.
JIm

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1