Canon Cartridge Resetting (Soft/Hardware)
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

ContinuousInk.info -> Printer tech discussion

#1: Canon Cartridge Resetting (Soft/Hardware) Author: variantLocation: Finland PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:32 pm
    —
I heard that its very hard to crack these new high-end chips but nobody said its impossible. So this must be a real challenge to printer modifiers. I have my own shop where i refill cartridges daily and this kind of software would help me alot.

Mod Note: Title modified

#2:  Author: MartinLocation: South Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:49 pm
    —
So far there's been some "oooh nearly" and "It's going to be soon" type predictions/excuses from various 3rd party manufacturers but none have managed to crack the system so I wouldn't hold your breath..

#3:  Author: MartinLocation: South Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:13 pm
    —
This thread hasn't been reviewed in quite some time but I thought I'd just give a quick update as things have changed quite a bit over the past 18 months or so.

After an initially very expensive resetter which required an iP4200 or iP6600 printer and a few hundred dollars there's now something called the redsetter which is relatively inexpensive and allows you to reset the chips back to full working order again.

A little googling should provide more information but here's a reference thread for more info on the topic:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3013

#4:  Author: MartinLocation: South Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:12 pm
    —
Further to the redsetter post above this post:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3109

... shows how you can modify a redsetter (or clone) unit to replace the battery or improve access to the circuit board.

ContinuousInk.info -> Printer tech discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1