HP88 printheads (printers: K5400, K550, L7x80, etc.)
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
ContinuousInk.info -> Printer tech discussion

#11:  Author: MartinLocation: South Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm
    —
Most likely explanation is that the printers internal CIS system is not pumping ink through to the printhead so the ink you have for those first 100 pages is what you get with your printhead as they all come with a small amount of ink pre-primed in them.

In terms of what could be causing it your options are:

1. Air leak in the CIS system

2. Failed pump mechanism in the printer (the white bit is not pushing into the cartridge bladder)

3. Failed pump mechanism in the cartridge (the black rubber bulk in the base of the printer needs to be pushed in to pump the ink into the system).

If you're using non-OEM/Original cartridges then that's probably a high likelihood for the failure... To be honest these printers are also known for the type of issue in 1. above as well..

Not much else I can suggest I'm afraid...

#12:  Author: devonlu PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:14 pm
    —
How might I look for and fix any of these issues? (sorry, I am not a tech person)...
I have emailed my course supervisor that I am probably going to have to drop out of my thesis because of this, but I want to make sure I have covered every avenue of trying to fix it. I am living on a friends floor because of paying for the course and would be heartbroken to give it up.

#13:  Author: MartinLocation: South Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:35 pm
    —
You need someone who is at least semi technical to help resolve the issues... Looking for ink leaks, check you have original cartridges, etc... are all simple enough.. Getting deeper into it requires more experience.

As for giving up.. That's crazy... You don't give up a course thesis over a printer malfunction...

Pull yourself together and do some digging at thrift stores, etc.. Look for an old mono laser or talk someone into helping you print on their printer in return for cooking and dish washing duties..

Forcing yourself to attack this as a single solution problem won't help, so step outside the problem and remember the goal is simply to get the work printed, not to fix your printer... That way you can find a solution...

Good luck...

#14:  Author: devonlu PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 am
    —
Looks as if I may have to give up the course - I have tried all these things and stranded in a small town am stuck.

- charity shops here are not allowed to sell electricals by law
- as last ditch I posted offering to do odd jobs in return for printing on local area facebook groups but got reported to the Police in case I was a yob trying to get access to peoples houses. And booted off some groups for asking because its dangerous for a young girl to make such an offer, I know this but I am desparate.
- I have looked into laser printers and they are very very very expensive
- I have posted on Freecycle, no replies
- I have contacted the university for help - no reply
- I have put a poster up in the local shop window - no reply

I would really appreciate informaton on how to fix this printer problem, I have no issue with rolling my sleeves up if I have instructions, which you seem unwilling to give and which are my only chance.

#15:  Author: jtaylor1477 PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am
    —
if you check it regularly and maintain it you could not have problem at all... most of printers are like that I had a experience on my hp ink 98 I just clean it.

ContinuousInk.info -> Printer tech discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2