[Split] Printing using limited carts
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

ContinuousInk.info -> Printer tech discussion

#1: [Split] Printing using limited carts Author: jason101 PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:51 am
    —
Hello everyone, I work in a printing company. I have a lexmark with 4 color cartridges and no more black. I want to print colored pictures. Does the printer use the black cartridge also when printing colored pics, or can I do it just using the colored? I am quite confused about this. I need youe opinion. Does the printer only use color catridges to print color? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by jason101 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: have a lexmark with 4 color cartridges Author: MartinLocation: South Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:23 am
    —
jason101 wrote:
Hello everyone, I work in a printing company. I have a lexmark with 4 color cartridges and no more black. I want to print colored pictures. Does the printer use the black cartridge also when printing colored pics, or can I do it just using the colored? I am quite confused about this. I need youe opinion. Does the printer only use color catridges to print color? Thank you in advance.

Not sure why you posted where you did originally but to answer your question.

Most printers will not allow you to printer without a valid (read: not empty) cartridge in every slot. The printer may not actually use the black directly in the printing of colour documents but it will attempt to keep it functional for when you do want to use it. This means it will clean (ie: waste) ink during normal cleaning processes and complain when the cartridge is empty.

ContinuousInk.info -> Printer tech discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1