ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Spongeless Damper CIS
First of all, I want to say very sorry about my messg, (I do not have any idea to discredit any CIS / CFS kit Mfg) actually they can make more better CFS / CIS or the other member or every person can make it by them self.

Just to clarify, I think we could be having problems with translations. I wasn't suggesting that you were discrediting any CFS systems and I will admit I do not have industrial CIS system experience. So, I hope my comments are not saying "You're wrong!". I'm just repeating what I've learned with models like the R200, R300, C84/86, etc...

What I was trying to say was that I've received a lot of advice suggesting that a direct feed to the head would create a freeflow. Of course my comments were directed more at Epson printers in general.. Not any one printer.

It sounds like I have a bit more experience and areas to learn about.

Thanks again for your comments Smile

Post very detail reviews and information. 
good job, snailz!

Post Re: CIS cartridge/buffer/damper types... 
roger wrote:
@Snailz,

Could you please introduce more information about spongeless damper CIS? Is it different from those spongeless cartridges list on E-bay?

I have 3 years experience with CIS/CFS, and have tried several different systems. InkRepublic's spongeless damper so far is my favorite. One of its major advantage over others is IR's "filter". It is quite different from others. I believe that's the reason it can provide better ink flow.

other e-bay items seem to use made-in-china filter, I would not use cheap system on my expensive printers, but if we are talking about cheap printer like c84, c86, that's another story. If you cannot tolerate any downtime, I.R. damper is the better choice.

Post Re: Spongeless damper system 
Gasman wrote:
Have used the Ink Republic(IR) system for 6 months without too many problems with my Epson R1800. Using IR inks as well. Ink good on EAM paper but not as good on Gloss media. Probably need to be profiled. .............................

More than a year, my R800 InkRepublic CIS is still working very strong.
No problem at all period.

The color problem can be easily solved by their profile.

http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/profile/EpsonR1800-IR-Kirkland03.zip

http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/profile/fx_800_bulk_Ilford_Pearl1.zip

you need to ask InkRepublic.com, they would provide several profiles to you. I dont know why they did not put them online, or they did? I could not find these from their website anyway.

I have just ordered my 18th refill ink bottles from IR. roughtly 1200ml/month. The nozzle is as good as it used to be. Perhaps I use it a lot on the daily basis, it's not easy to get pigment ink clog print head.

I suggest you can get a replacement from InkRepublic.com, you probably get the bad damper which may cause shorter life time of your CIS.

Most of time, the banding issue or the bad nozzle are caused by bad filter or damper, especially "O-ring" - the one plug into print head.

I have very good experience with InkRepublic's product and customer service. Shoot them an email, they will take care of your problem.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2