ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
How to refill a JFT cis sytem
Post How to refill a JFT cis sytem 
Hi all, i have just bought a ciss for my epson r300 and all works great except that the ink ribbon catches on the left hand underside of the printer housing. What i would like to know is how do i refill the resevoirs as i am having trouble finding info on this subject, i have visited this site
http://www.mega-legend.com/index.cfm?id=25098&pageid=96 and it does not specify anything there.I also phoned the place where i purchased it from but they gave me links to another site that as nothing to do with my system any info would be much appreciated many thanks and keep up the good work. Smile

Post Re: How to refill a JFT cis sytem 
ZILE wrote:
Hi all, i have just bought a ciss for my epson r300 and all works great except that the ink ribbon catches on the left hand underside of the printer housing.

It'd be tricky to offer any advice on ways to solve that without seeing any images of how your tubing is setup. So if you could take quite a few pictures that show the cartridge head in various positions and especially at what point the tubing catches that'd help...

Quote:
What i would like to know is how do i refill the resevoirs as i am having trouble finding info on this subject, i have visited this site
http://www.mega-legend.com/index.cfm?id=25098&pageid=96 and it does not specify anything there.I also phoned the place where i purchased it from but they gave me links to another site that as nothing to do with my system any info would be much appreciated many thanks and keep up the good work. Smile

I have never understood why it is that sites like these have such stupid web design practices... There are 4Mpixel + images on there which is just dumber than ditchwater.. Given their lack of support though I think you've ID'd a retailer to avoid..

Anyway, enough ranting, and on to solving the problem... I've personally never used these constant pressure reservoirs so beloved of the Chinese CIS clones, but looking at the system in the site you linked to, it seems there's some screw plugs or some other stoppers in the head of each reservoir section that you need to open and then pour the new ink into.

Now, couple of things to be aware of..
1. You need to be sure you're putting the right colour in the right reservoir section
2. You need to be sure your inks are the same or of similar chemical composition to the stuff that's already in there (*see note #1 below)
3. If, as I suspect, the reservoir hole is small you'll need a syringe with a blunt needle or a funnel to pour the ink in.

Note #1.
The best way to check that the inks are compatible is to withdraw a little of the ink from the existing supply (ie: in the reservoir) and mix it with a little of the refill/new ink and check that they don't react to coagulate, ie: clog. This can happen, especially with a number of the cheaper inks, which it seems you might have.

Post THANKS 
Cheers mate for replying to my s.o.s. I have done some photo's but how do i attach them for viewing? The info about the ink compatability is really interesting and i've just ordered 6 500mml bottles. I will do the check you mentioned before adding the new ink. I sent an e-mail to the company explaining to them the lack of info on refilling , they sent me some photos showing how its done. Basically i just have to pull out the rubber stopper at the back ther is a 6 or 8 mm hole there to pour ink into it. Just like you said. Smile So thanks again for now and let me know if you can about attaching the photo's cause i am still a noob to all this.Thanks m8!!

P.S. that was a wicked bit of info on the external waste ink bottle. Bloody brill!!!! all i need now is a bit of silicone tubing!! I'm using a biro tube a bit too rigid if u know what i mean.

Post Re: THANKS 
ZILE wrote:
I sent an e-mail to the company explaining to them the lack of info on refilling , they sent me some photos showing how its done. Basically i just have to pull out the rubber stopper at the back ther is a 6 or 8 mm hole there to pour ink into it. Just like you said. Smile

That's good to know...

Quote:
So thanks again for now and let me know if you can about attaching the photo's cause i am still a noob to all this.Thanks m8!!

I've put together a gallery space here:
http://www.allthefaqs.net/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=album07&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

You just need to be signed in and use the upload form to upload a zip file of all your images (preferably scaled down to a max size of 1024x768).

Quote:
P.S. that was a wicked bit of info on the external waste ink bottle. Bloody brill!!!! all i need now is a bit of silicone tubing!! I'm using a biro tube a bit too rigid if u know what i mean.

Yeah, it's useful stuff... Can't help a great deal on the tubing but a hobby/craft shop or hardware store might have something that'll suffice.

Hello; Thank you for going to all the work and trouble to set up this forum for us to view.
Once it really gets rolling and more learn of it's existence, I'm sure it will become very busy.

One suggestion you may consider is to bring the link to the photo gallery up as a sticky, named and described appropriately. It was by accident I happened upon it and promptly forgot where it was. So I had to go through all the posts again to find it, lol. Or is that the hidden agenda, Wink

Great photos!

Thanks again for cataloging all this great information

Gumby

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1