RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
R220 vs R200
http://www.continuousink.com/proddetail.asp?prod=epson6

Snailz;

Are you familiar with these people?

I've seen them around and had a look at their kit on the site but noted the similarity with clone kits. Looking closer though they do seem to have a better build quality. Looking at the site I still find no support information although there is an 0800 (freephone) number so I'd guess support is still available.

I have seen a couple of favourable reviews and not noted any disastisfaction to date.

So, really, a whole lot of nothing from me I'm afraid.. But, if you go for it, keep us posted..

On their main page, they use the same GIF image showing the animation of an R200 in action with the CIS used by an eBay seller

I'd be wary of jumping to conclusions on that score as continuousink.com do actually appear on searches for this sort of kit so it's more likely that the ebay seller is either a reseller/affiliate (which cont'ink.com do encourage) or someone breaching copyright of the gif. Lord knows there's enough of that goes on, on ebay.

Quote:
but it's a helluva lot more expensive than on eBay. For that extra money, you might get some service after the sale though.

Well the 0800 number may well be part of that, but until someone tries to call it, I'm still a bit dubious about the lack of a "any problems?" links for support.

Post R300 
GUMBY
I think looking at you photo`s Have purchased the same kit from a PC fair but when I got it home there where NO INSTRUCTIONS ! GGGrrr so I managed to get the thing to work and print but at a loss to rout the cables without fouling do you by any chance have a set of instructions you could email me ? gg.gerry@bigfoot.com
will find me
regards Gerry

I have pondered that exact same question myself. I will contact you as soon as I get my PC in order again............(just installed another HD)

I have some more photos etc. I need to resize them for posting so it will be a short spell before I can get to that.

After studying many alternatives I have decided to try something a little different. I'll let you know about it.

I would also like to share my ideas with the others on the forum.

Be back soon,

Gumby

Sorry I can't be more help on this as my other half has my R300 and R200 models at her school and I don't have any other pictures of them than those in the gallery.. and those are for the Ink Repulic kits.

The tubing pathway for the kit you mentioned has probably been intended to work like the C84/86/88 kit but frankly, with the extra 2 tubes it's a little unlikely that it'd work properly without stressing the tubing at the twist (far left).

My advice would be to look at the MIS associates site (www.inksupply.com) and see how they do their R300 installation. It'll require a bit of jerry rigging to get it right but if you can get the clips in the same sort of positioning and the tubing pathways more or less the same you should get it working ok.

I posted on a few forums requesting help regarding a NexxTech CISS purchased from the Source(Radio Shack)

This post will conclude them all for now as I have found a solution to my immediate problem.

I knowingly purchased the CISS knowing it was listed for an Epson R200. My printer was an R220! If I knew as much about printers generally, then, as I do now, I would not have tried to use it.
Although information from NexxTech was nearly non existent, their product support was 100%. In spite of the fact it was my own fault that I had an inoperative setup, the very understanding clerk who helped me sent a completely new system for me to prove the fault.

Briefly, my trouble was that the printer would not recognize the CISS cartridges. It was an obvious problem with the chipset. Epson was one step ahead of us at this point.

After a lengthy search, making many helpful acquaintances along the way, I found a source for replacement Auto Resetting Chips at a reasonable price. This turned out to be Print on a Dime.com

http://www.printonadime.com/ -----ARC for Epson Stylus Photo R220.

I specified my printer model for clarity.

Their service was helpful, informative and prompt.

When,(IF) I prove my tubing track is correct I'll post photos illustrating the setup I concluded to be most appropriate.

Thank you to all who helped me out. I really appreciate it. It is great that so many make the time to get the rest of us on board, sharing their experiences both good and bad. The alternatives suggested are extremely helpful also.

Thanks again;

Gumby

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2