ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
need advice on a CIS for epson C86
Post need advice on a CIS for epson C86 
Hi everyone, new to this forum and just looking for some advice/opinions on getting an continuous ink system for my C86.

I’ve had some absolutely horrible experiences with the ‘generic’ cartridges. I cannot for the life of me find a supplier for good cartridges with quality pigment ink. I just want to do some photos sometimes and I can’t justify buying the Epson brand ink since a new set is more than I spent on the printer!

Anyways, looking into a CIS for those reasons. I’m out of options and I wouldn’t mind the benefits from it. So anyone have any recommendations? I’ve seen people praise the system from www.inkrepublic.com on this forum. What are the disadvantages to this one? Does it handle the pigment ink ok without clogging? Whats the pigment ink like from inkrepublic? Any problems doing photos and say having the ink rub off when you touch it like some unnamed crappy cartridges that are in my computer right now from a company that won’t talk to you when you have a problem because they’d rather rip their customers off?? (I’m not bitter….really…)

So anyone that has this system or a similar one…how long does it last before parts wear out? Whats the print quality like? Crappy like what I have?? I hope not…

Any info would be great guys and gals! Thank you!!

Post Re: need advice on a CIS for epson C86 
threshin wrote:
Anyways, looking into a CIS for those reasons. I’m out of options and I wouldn’t mind the benefits from it. So anyone have any recommendations?

Right now my only recommendation would be for an MIS associates kit and ink.

The past few months that I've tested Ink Republic (IR) kits I've found myself having to do more and more work to adjust and fix issues than I have ever had to do with the MIS kits. IR's instructions set is still purely graphic, continues to ignore the tubing pathway issues mentioned in my review (still as relevant now as before) and it's more expensive.

Quote:
I’ve seen people praise the system from www.inkrepublic.com on this forum. What are the disadvantages to this one?

Check the review...

As I said, my personal recommendation now would be to get an MIS CFS kit for the C86 along with their ink. It's cheaper, the instruction set is a heck of a lot more comprehensive, support is good (use email or phone) and the ink has been consistently good quality for a few years.

I'm waiting for confirmation but MIS have also started providing spongeless cartridge and it's possible that they're incorporating those into their CFS (CIS) kits. So, to a certain extent you get the same benefits of the Ink Republic kit, none of the disadvantages, it's cheaper and with a far simpler instruction set.

For confirmation I'd recommend checking around a few other forums such as Nifty Stuff, the nntp://comp.periphs.printers newsgroup and Steve's digicam forum: printer section... just to name a few..

Don't take my word for it though as there are plenty of other options out there.. it's just that very few genuine reviews exist out there, so pick your sources carefully based on what else they talk about, not just "WOW, company X is great" all the time.. Razz

wow thank you so much for your help. after looking at the MIS site, i think i've found an option that will suit my needs better - the empty refillable spongeless cartridges. i've even already got a chip resetter and 4 empty cartridges sitting around that i can rip the chips off of.

more research to come, but still you have helped me greatly. THANK YOU!!

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1