ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Nexxtech: condensation, etc...
I bought this kit couple weeks ago and noticed some condensation forming inside the tanks, is this something i should be worried about?

To keep the 2 sided tape from falling i drilled a small hole and used a ziptie to hold it, the 2 sided tape didnt even hold for a day before it fell off.

Btw i suggest installing the catridges first into the printer and then bleeding the lines. Because once the height between the tanks and catridges changes you will introduce air into the lines, so after i installed everything i had to bleed the lines again.

The condensation may be normal evaporation of the water in the ink. If the ambient temperature is a bit high (maybe 25C+) or overly cool, this could happen. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The water will just drip back into the ink. I don't think that there would be an appreciable amount of moisture that will escape through the filtered vents.

I tried using electrical tape to hold the clip but it got ripped by the cart. The clearance between the cart and that clip is a bit tight just under it as the cart just slides under it. If you used a zip tie over the clip, through a hole just under that clip, it might still catch on the cart with my install anyway. I'd have to look closer. Ever since using the two clips on the inside, it's been staying on.

Yeah, that's a follow-up I should have done (got preoccupied with another Windoze problem) as I got the same thing. I did initially remove the air with the carts in the printer but a couple weeks later, saw just a bit more in each tube near the carts, at the elbow that goes into the cart. Not a lot but just enough to annoy me. It may have been some air that remained in the cart. I wonder if a bit of air needs to remain as a damper? It's basically the same idea as the hammering in house water pipes when you shut off a faucet hard. The flow is suddenly stopped and creates that hammering thud. If you add a capped vertical pipe with air trapped at the top, it will act as a shock damper.

Mooseman

I just noticed some air near the elbows too, it was only in two of the carts though. Anyway i forgot to mention that i took the clip off before ziptie'ing it, clearance was definetly a problem with the clip and ziptie. I also put a clip near the exit to hold the tubing, i doubt that clip will ever fall off because its simply holding the weight of the tubing while the first clip was being pulled on.
I included some pics of the ziptie and condensation.

Btw which ink refill's do you guys recommend for this system?

The condensation may be normal evaporation of the water in the ink. If the ambient temperature is a bit high (maybe 25C+) or overly cool, this could happen. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The water will just drip back into the ink. I don't think that there would be an appreciable amount of moisture that will escape through the filtered vents.

Given that the ink is dyebased (you're using an R200/300 type printer judging from the picture) you probably will see a little water seperate out, if temps allow, as it's water soluble... Might still be worth regularly giving the reservoirs a gentle swirl to mix the inks and condensation to avoid the concentrations getting to strong for the printer head.

Quote:
I tried using electrical tape to hold the clip but it got ripped by the cart. The clearance between the cart and that clip is a bit tight just under it as the cart just slides under it. If you used a zip tie over the clip, through a hole just under that clip, it might still catch on the cart with my install anyway. I'd have to look closer. Ever since using the two clips on the inside, it's been staying on.

Would definitely agree with this one... I found that using something stronger like glue gun adhesive or even superglue to hold the clip in place (and allowing it the proper time to dry BEFORE you put the tube in it) will provide a more secure solution.

The reason I'd counsel against the zip tie as a permanent solution is that it won't spread the tension along the whole width of the tube. At the moment you're running the risk of it stressing the top and bottom tubes as that's where all the tension will be.

Nb: I split this from the review thread as it was more a technical support issue rather than a review..

Very good point about the stress on the tubing that I never really thought about. The glue gun or super glue on the clip would be the 99% certain fix (nothing is 100% Wink ) In fact, I recall seeing in hydraulics manuals to not use zip ties on hoses because they won't "give" if the hose expands under pressure and damage the hose unless it's used loosely.

As far as a refill is concerned, this was covered in another thread (with basically no Canadian supplier available).

Mooseman

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1