ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Current Status for R220 printers? Which kits works?
Post Current Status for R220 printers? Which kits works? 
Hi everyone.

Like a lot of people, I've bought an R220 because of the 6-inks dynamic range's capabilities, and better CD/DVD printing coverage.

There's a lot of discussions surrounding the R220's autoreset modifications, and a lot of "kits" out there that are saying R200/R300/etc without mentionning R220 directly (and some do say it works for R220 but still don't update their websites).

So my question/comment is: Maybe it would be time to put all the current information in one place, with some summary reviews?

Anyone bought a CIS kit specifically for thr R220?

Where? Pricing?

How is the installation process?

Any problems?

What about color fidelity compared with original inks?

This information would be most appreciated!

Boboche.

The R220 issue is ongoing and has been for quite a while, not helped at all by the fact that Epson promptly brought out the R240 within a couple of months of the R220.

To date the only solution I've heard tell of is that you need a Black cart autoreset chip that is specifically designed for the R220 so that's the thing to query... There's an ongoing query in a seperate thread here that posting a reply to, may prompt a response.. I'd also dig around and ask well known CIS kit manufacturers like MIS Associates, etc... to get a definitive answer on whether they do or don't.

You might want to push things and request a guarantee in writing that they will refund your money and any postage if you find that the kit they send does not work as required. That might well help...

Hope that helps a little anyways.... If I hear or spot any kits myself once I'm back online properly I'll let you know.

Martin

I guess you can see me smiling from there!

In response to this post, I'm not sure how to help. I'm sure however that you don't want me filling up all the posts with my solution to the R220 chip problem. Can I ask you to advise me as to what to do. I feel sorry for all those looking for an answer that I can now pass on. I did post the information in my original.

Thank You Gumby

Hi Martin;

I guess you can see me smiling from there!

In response to this post, I'm not sure how to help. I'm sure however that you don't want me filling up all the posts with my solution to the R220 chip problem. Can I ask you to advise me as to what to do. I feel sorry for all those looking for an answer that I can now pass on. I did post the information in my original.

Thank You Gumby

I guess if you're not adding anything new then the best approach would be to post a link to your solution post and add any additional notes as required.

I'm not at all bothered about people answering questions with relevant info so hope that helps Smile

Glad you got it sorted though...

Post So yes, the links ?! :) 
If you have compiled information and made it in one post, it would be nice to have the link, too often information is scattered in endless threads, so I'd welcome seeing one place with all the info.

And thanks for your help.

http://tinyurl.com/pptp8 Original post, R220 vs R200

Here is a link to a solution for the R220 not being recognized by the printer. (Chipset)Rather than repeating it all please refer to link. I will be posting photos of how mine is set up.

Gumby

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1