ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Getting CIS parts in UK
Post Getting CIS parts in UK 
Hello all,
There seems to be a lack of suppliers of parts for CIS units in the UK. Using google I've yet to find a source of empty cartridges (S020089 or S020191), ribbon tubing, tube fitting etc. I can't even find ribbon tubing at all apart from US CIS suppliers.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Last edited by royalbox on Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: Getting CIS parts in UK 
royalbox wrote:
Hello all,
There seems to be a lack of suppliers of parts for CIS units in the UK. Using google I've yet to find a source of empty cartridges (SO20089/SO20191), ribbon tubing, tube fitting etc. I can't even find ribbon tubing at all apart from US CIS suppliers.

I've actually been spending the last 3 months or more trying to locate parts suppliers and a more local ink distributor and I'm actually pretty close to having something put together so I may actually be able to provide the sort of thing you're after in the not too distant future.

At present the only thing I'm lacking is a supply of clips and tube pathway parts (eg: C-channels) but cartridges, tubing, ink, tubing joints, glues and containers are all more or less sourced so I guess watch this space..

If you've any particular need right now, post below and I'll see if I can add what you need to an order I'll be putting in over the next few days/weeks.

Sounds interesting. I'd certainly be interested if it's done through a website or eBay shop (and as long as the prices are reasonable of course!).

I wouldn't want you to order anything at this stage but please let me know if you think you'd be able to get empty Epson S020189 (replaced by T051140) and S020191 (replaced by T052040) cartridges. Spongless would be nice but I haven't found any of these anywhere on the web.

The fact is I bought a used LYSON CIS off of eBay as it was cheap (under £15 in the end including postage). My first priority is to get my nozzles working. If I can, then I want to have a go at making a new set of CIS cartridges with new tubing and give it a go. The system came with some ink.

If it doesn't work out I can always sell the original unit again and probably get my money back.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

@Martin
Sounds interesting. I'd certainly be interested if it's done through a website or eBay shop (and as long as the prices are reasonable of course!).

We'd be talking about a proper invoice.. In truth I'm buying parts for myself but because there's a minimum order value it'd make sense for me to get parts that I could at least resell on rather than have a few hundred extra bits sit in storage. I'll keep you posted on that anyways.

Quote:
I wouldn't want you to order anything at this stage but please let me know if you think you'd be able to get empty Epson S020189 (replaced by T051140) and S020191 (replaced by T052040) cartridges. Spongless would be nice but I haven't found any of these anywhere on the web.

I had a quick look and to be honest your chances of success on that score are pretty much nill.. My advice would be to buy up some fresh carts with ink in them, flush out the existing ink and use those.. Spongeless tech is simply never going to happen for such an old printer.

Quote:
The fact is I bought a used LYSON CIS off of eBay as it was cheap (under £15 in the end including postage). My first priority is to get my nozzles working. If I can, then I want to have a go at making a new set of CIS cartridges with new tubing and give it a go. The system came with some ink.

Well it's certainly an interesting project to keep you busy Smile

Quote:
If it doesn't work out I can always sell the original unit again and probably get my money back.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

No worries..

Spongeless tech is simply never going to happen for such an old printer.

What about normal sponged ones, would you be able to get those? I know they're available on US sites.

Thanks for the info.

Martin wrote:
Spongeless tech is simply never going to happen for such an old printer.

What about normal sponged ones, would you be able to get those? I know they're available on US sites.

Thanks for the info.

In all honesty there's no call for those carts anymore and I certainly don't need them myself so it'd be better for you to source the carts yourself on this one...

I can get the tubing and various other parts though without you having to pay the nuts prices that things like the elbow joint cost on MIS (for example).. 55 cents each is taking the proverbial p**s.

At the moment I'm still waiting on a couple of samples until I place my order for the bits I need and I haven't worked out my costs to get an idea of pricing but it'll be cheaper than MIS parts, of that you can be 100% certain.

I'll post more when I get things organised...

I've recently bitten the bullet owing to the increased number of schools I provide kit for and started buying in reasonable quantities of things like tube clamps, syringes, glue, fittings, etc... About the only thing that's missing at present is tubing but I'm hoping that a contact of mine will bite the bullet for their own ends and be able to supply what I need there too.

I don't have glues (I buy mine from ebay anyway) or cartridges (well aside from a batch of HP88's on their way) but I figure I might as well put what I do have on an ebay shop and see if I can offset the need to buy in bits in batches of 500 by selling the bits for a small markup.

Only time will tell if it'll work or not but I'll post up a link to my shop once I find the time to put it all together, hopefully over the weekend.

Right... the parts auctions are up for a bit of a trial run (before I commit to an eBay shop)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnailsource

... if it works out I'll sort out something a little more permanent.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1