ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Injecting cleaner into the nozzle
Post Injecting cleaner into the nozzle 
I have an Epson SC-760 which, in the past, I'd let run out of ink without replacing it. I've tried various tips posted on the internet for clearing the nozzels including dismantling the front of the printer, removing the black drip-tray and cleaning the print-head from underneath.

This seems to have worked except for magenta, which has most of the nozzles not working.

I've read about the 'last resort' idea of injecting cleaner directly into the print-head via the posts that go into the cartridge. I want to try this but, as usual, I can't find a supplier in the UK of the adapted syringe. I have syringes but not the thin tubing or an adapter to attach the thin tubing to the syringe.

Any ideas where I can try and get something like this in the UK?

Many thanks.

Post Re: Injecting cleaner into the nozzle 
royalbox wrote:
I've read about the 'last resort' idea of injecting cleaner directly into the print-head via the posts that go into the cartridge. I want to try this but, as usual, I can't find a supplier in the UK of the adapted syringe. I have syringes but not the thin tubing or an adapter to attach the thin tubing to the syringe.

Any ideas where I can try and get something like this in the UK?

As with your other post I've been looking at some parts and the tubing that might make this possible but I'm not sure what size inner-diameter tubing you'd need for the ink port you've got in your printer so can you check the measurement and post below and I'll see what I can get...

Cheers

I assumed that the posts would all be the same width on different printers because the places that sell the cleaning 'kits' (US again) seem to sell just one type. I've just put a new original Epson cartridge in after cleaning and am a bit reluctant to take it out until I've got a syringe in my hand ready to go and can put the cartridge back ASAP.

Here's one source of info about this though I expect you've seen it.

@Martin
I assumed that the posts would all be the same width on different printers because the places that sell the cleaning 'kits' (US again) seem to sell just one type. I've just put a new original Epson cartridge in after cleaning and am a bit reluctant to take it out until I've got a syringe in my hand ready to go and can put the cartridge back ASAP.

Here's one source of info about this though I expect you've seen it.

Ah... I see what you mean... Well that's easy enough.. it's a special luer connector with a barb and a short section of 1/16th" (or possibly 1/8") I.D. tubing.

I've the parts you'd need around already if you want to give it a shot and just mail the bits back to me later if that'd help..

Thanks for the info and the offer. I remembered after posting that I got a vacuum pump thing with the CIS I bought off of eBay. All I need to do is try and get a piece of tubing. The CIS tubing is TYGON R-3603.

@Martin
Thanks for the info and the offer. I remembered after posting that I got a vacuum pump thing with the CIS I bought off of eBay. All I need to do is try and get a piece of tubing. The CIS tubing is TYGON R-3603.

Well as luck would have it I got some of that exact stuff from my supplier today along with a little stash of elbow joints and a LOT of ink..

i have an old Epson Stylus C60 which has printer head problems
how can i clean it?
and what type of cleaner do i need?

my R200 is working fine for 3 years now because i have been using the manufathurs ink
but now i got a CIS and will this clog up the print head? and do i have to clean it?

i have an old Epson Stylus C60 which has printer head problems
how can i clean it?

First things first you should contact a guy called Arthur Entlich... He has a manual that he emails out to anyone who wants it that deals comprehensively with inkjet clogs.

Email: e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org (common sense in translating that obviously) Wink

Quote:
and what type of cleaner do i need?

I've used some cleaner from MIS associates but in truth you're best reading the manual and going from there..

Quote:
my R200 is working fine for 3 years now because i have been using the manufathurs ink
but now i got a CIS and will this clog up the print head? and do i have to clean it?

The only potential concern is not that it's a CIS but the quality of the ink you're putting in it.. If it's a good quality ink then you shouldn't have any more problems than you might normally.. However there are a number of poor quality inks out there and most seem to have been sourced from China..

If in doubt I'd give serious consideration to doing some research for good quality inks (check http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/index.php and http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_category.php?id=39) and get yourself some good stuff from the get go..

I would NOT recommend ebay unless you know you're getting from a good quality supplier (ID'd from your research) and don't for {deity}s sake take the ebay feedback as gospel.. It's all short term feedback and not long term experience data..

Hope that helps
Smile

ill read up on that

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1