ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
CIS for my C67 ?
Post CIS for my C67 ? 
Hi all

I want to print a lot of pages, hmm say about,,, 2 to 3 thousand pages ( articles and books ) in black or gray scale, mainly txt and maybe some illustration or photos(quality not important, but must be readable).

I have a epson c67 just purchased(my gf actually).

would it be a good idea to purchase a CIS system like this one from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Epson-ink-cartridge-CIS-Bulk-Inking-System-C67

or get second hand laser printer from ebay ? .. any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Post Re: CIS for my C67 ? 
chriso69 wrote:
I want to print a lot of pages, hmm say about,,, 2 to 3 thousand pages ( articles and books ) in black or gray scale, mainly txt and maybe some illustration or photos(quality not important, but must be readable).

I guess the killer question has to be to ask whether you want or need any of those illustrations in colour or not.. ?

If not, then I suspect you'd probably be as wise to purchase a B&W laser on the cheap and thrash it..

Quote:
would it be a good idea to purchase a CIS system like this one from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Epson-ink-cartridge-CIS-Bulk-Inking-System-C67

As to that item.. well, it's mentioned a few places on here but that's the common-a-garden variety of Chinese clone CIS which has been found to work for some people, not for others... but the key thing is whether or not the support is there and with the best will in the world, looking at that particular seller, I think you'd be plum outa luck there given there's few transactions under his/her belt and it looks like most of those are for unrelated items.. (eg: XML manual, etc..).

In all honest, if you have no particular need for a colour printer and especially if you plan to use the printer and then have it sit around for days, weeks, months at a time without use then a laser is definitely the way to go..

Hope that helps..

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1