ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
R220 error " Installed Ink Cartridge cannot be recogniz
Post R220 error " Installed Ink Cartridge cannot be recogniz 
Help - I am really impressed with this CIS sytem but the printer is now showing a premanent on red light saying " Installed Ink Cartridge cannot be recognized".

Nothing seems to stop it (have removed and reinstalled the cartridge (the black one) but still have same problem.

Can you advise what I need to do?

Thanks

As I understand it would be the chip on the black cartridge.
we need to replace the chip.

Post Re: R220 error " Installed Ink Cartridge cannot be reco 
paulee wrote:
Help - I am really impressed with this CIS sytem but the printer is now showing a premanent on red light saying " Installed Ink Cartridge cannot be recognized".

Nothing seems to stop it (have removed and reinstalled the cartridge (the black one) but still have same problem.

Can you advise what I need to do?

Thanks

could you please tell me which printer model and tpye .because different modle have different way to solution . maybe (1)the chip position is not right ,and it can not connect well.Do you check the chip in the right position ? Question

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
As I understand it would be the chip on the black cartridge.
we need to replace the chip.

Ferdinand is correct.. the R220 uses a different black chip compard to the R200... The problem is that there are some CIS manufacturers are still selling the R200 kits and saying they are R200 compatible which is basically a lie.

Post nice reply 
I approve Martin's nice suggstion,helpful

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
another solution is make sure press the cartridge all the way.
I have seen that problem as well when the cartridges do not install well properly. Even though i have changed black chip Smile

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1