ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Epson :: Avoiding the dreaded "service required"
Post Epson :: Avoiding the dreaded "service required" 
Thought I'd pass this one on as I found it was a useful tip to help avoid the "your printers parts have reached the end of their life, service required" message.

A lot of people don't find out about the the SSC utility until it's too late, and the printer will no longer communicate using the methods that the SSC util uses.. However many of those printers that fall into this category (eg: the C84, 86, 64, 66, etc..) will all work ok so long as the waste counter hasn't already been triggered.

This doesn't apply to all printers but it's well worth seeing if you can reset your waste counter early as part of a regular maintenance routine. If it works, then great, you've saved yourself the hassle of having to locate an official Epson adjustment program but you do need to remember to do it regularly and be pro-active.

I havent added a waste tank to my R220 yet, but I do wonder if my printer is still sending much ink out thru the hose.

It's had a CISS in it since day one, and only had to head cleanings run since day one. But the Epson counter is reading as almost 25% full.

I know the number climbs based on printer use, but does the printer still purge ink under normal use?

My ARC chips have never gone to 100%, so the new cart purge cycle only ran once when the unit was first fired up.

I will be adding a waste system in about a month, but was still curious.

C-ya, Jimbo.

I havent added a waste tank to my R220 yet, but I do wonder if my printer is still sending much ink out thru the hose.

It's had a CISS in it since day one, and only had to head cleanings run since day one. But the Epson counter is reading as almost 25% full.

I know the number climbs based on printer use, but does the printer still purge ink under normal use?

From what I've seen reported on various forums and experienced it with my own R200 and R300 printers but those printers purge so much ink that they hit the service required message in around a months medium to heavy use.

The printer will as you queried, run cleaning routines every so often during the printing process and with 6 tanks in there it soon adds up so virtually all heavy users have found themselves replacing their printers in short order and wondering why. So, I would recommend you go with the waste ink tank modification sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Martin on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

C-ya, Jimbo.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1