ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Feedback request :: Resource pooling & small membership
Post Feedback request :: Resource pooling & small membership 
This is just a request for feedback on an idea here but basically I'm aware that a lot of people using CIS kits are keen to get the most out of their printer(s) and issues such as the dreaded "service required" message are things that you, me and others want to avoid. Add to that there's a lot to be said for being able to access and read service manuals..

The only problem is that many of the newer manuals are now only available from sites or individuals who want $5 or more for each one... So, my idea was to offer a membership option where people can pay around £2.00 ($3.50 approx) to access a private resources area. This area would include service manuals and adjustment utilities for various printer models and hopefully be kept up to date depending on how many people decide it's worth the fee.

There will be limits to what we can and can't access and I'm aware that some individuals could abuse the system and just use it to gain the utilities or manuals to resell on but I thought I'd pop it out there for feedback...

Post Service Manuals. 
Martin,

I purchased a couple of CD's which contain service manuals and utilities for a large number of Epson printers. I am willing to share these if I can eventually recover the costs. Obviously there would need to be controls so that only registered members could access the info. Perhaps a Paypal Account would be one way of arranging purchase - but I guess you might know more about this than I do. Might be of use as well in getting your online store up and running if you proceed. I have used Paypal myself for some time, and it seems to work well for small users.

Incidentally, it surprises me how reluctant people are to give any information on themselves when they register. Pity, because it would be nice to know member's background and experience.

Peter

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1