ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Initialize Every Time Printer Switched On
Post Initialize Every Time Printer Switched On 
When I turn on my Epson C67, the red light on the ink button and green on the power on lights up together. No flashing. I'll always need to fiddle with the cartridge and using the Maintenance to artificially do a cartridge replacement before the printer recognises it's a third party ink.

I'm then prompted to accept or reject cos they're not original Epson cartridges. Of course I click Yes.

Can you tell me why this is so? As I didn't set up the system myself, should I bring it back to the vendor who sold me this CIS? Or is there an easier way going about this?

Please share.

Thanks & Regards
Pauline.

I could be wrong but it sounds like you have the status monitor software installed and running on the printer and that's what's kicking out the "You're not using Epson! How dare you!" message.

Check around to see how you can disable the monitor and you'll probably find the error goes away or at least you'll reduce the possible causes by one.

The only other one I can think of otherwise is that the chips aren't seated too well, possibly caused by the carts rising up a little, dirty chips, or bad insertion... I'd check those things as well and see if there's anything you can do to remove problems at that juncture.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1