ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
no black coming through
i did look into the more expensive ones but i'm on a very tight budget so i spose i get what i pay for but the money i've saved just using this one has made it worth getting in the first place.
i print lots of photo's every day and kill a printer every year and a half to 2 years so i cant realy complain to much but just seemed weird that only the black has stopped working.

i mite give it another go in the morning now i've been pocking it and prodding it. just my luck it will start to work and the new one wont be needed but its worth having as a spare.

thanks for your surgestions and help. always better to have a few people trying to work it out as one person can miss the most obvious things sometimes..

Each no sponge cartridge has a screen filter built into the exit passage. Over time, the scree will clog if the ink has larger particles thay may clog the printer. So if the screen is completely plugged. it will not feed ink into the print nozzle. Try a new cartridge to see if the problem go away. Just try one and you will be able to verify if this is the cause of the problem.

Ah... good catch ER.. I hadn't thought of the ink longevity but yeah that could be a problem and will show up if you're using the same ink batch with the new kit.

Generally you find the screen/filter clogging happens more with pigment inks as they contain fine pigment particles rather than being dyes disolved into the base but you also get algae build up in pretty much all inkjet inks which can have the same effect. If your inks are reaching their 18 month -> 2 year mark you might want to consider a fresh batch to avoid the problem.

as far as i can see its all clean. i'l try one of the other carts wen i get 5 mins and see if that works but from everything i've tried the cart seems to work as it should and i get the same from one of the working ones.

maybe i'm just getting a very bad air lock everytime i try it but cant see why.

well new cis turned up yesterday morning, so i plugged it in and every colour comes through as it should so i can only put it down to the other cart in the other cis. the ink bottles are stubby ones and slightly different to the old one but the carts are the same so i've got spares if i need them.

now all i need to do is convince my m8 to part with his old one and i can use one of the carts on my old one and set it up on my other printer.

I just scanned over this post quickly.
It seems to me you have tried all there is with the exception of eliminating a possible malfunctioning chip or oxidized contacts on it.
May be worth a try unless you have gone that route already.

Good luck Gumby

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2