ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Colors for R200
Post Colors for R200 
When im printing out any type of color documents or pictures on my R200, it uses different colors
so basicly the image is random colored

any input on this

Post Re: Colors for R200 
thuglife wrote:
When im printing out any type of color documents or pictures on my R200, it uses different colors
so basicly the image is random colored

any input on this

Without seeing the sort of input you're getting I couldn't be sure so it'd help if you could link to a scan of a nozzle check printout... That said I have a couple of possible theories..

1. You've managed to install the cartridges in the wrong slots
2. You've managed to fill (or been supplied with) reservoirs with the wrong colour inks (possibly Light Magenta in Magenta, etc..)
3. You have a problem with cartridges leaking in the actual head or some cross contamination happening either at the cartridge or the reservoir end (the latter issue has been reported with some eBay kits).

I'd take a careful look to see if any of this might be happening and especially check your nozzle check printout for any clues..

my CIS is a NexxTech CISS for Epson Printers
I got it like 3 months ago and havnt filled it yet because its pretty full
I last used it two days ago and it worked fine
but I decided to print out some pictures and it messed up

I did many nozzle checks and did check the alignment
but it still didnt work..

I think its probably the heads are touching the reservoir
because whenever I print there are blue horizontal lines....

is there any way I can clean the reservoir?
does it need cleaning?

I think you may be getting confused with the terminology here so a quick primer for ya.

Reservoirs:
The bottles or ink containers that sit outside the printer and contain the ink

Cartridges/Buffers:
The containers that are installed inside the printer where normal cartridges would sit.

Tubing:
Exactly what you'd expect, the tubing that connects reservoirs and catridges thus feeding the ink between the two.

I suspect you mean't the cartridges seemed to have some cross contamination whereas my point re: the reservoirs is that some come as a poorly glued single unit where partitions can allow ink to leak into other distinct colours which causes the problem.

What I now think may have happened is that your waste ink tube may be causing a back flow (possibly because you installed an external waste tank and the tubing/collection tank are placed too high) which sits in the cleaning pad where the printhead usually rests. I say this because I've been there, done that, learned from a few painful mistakes in the process.

If that's true then the cleaning pad will probably be visibly puddling with ink.. Resiting the waste tank or resolving a possible clog should solve the problem along with a few head cleans to suck all the ink out of the pad... From there it's a case of printing off a few dozen full page single colour prints to clean out any ink that may have been sucked up into the cartridge..

Still worth checking the actual carriage unit where the cartridges sit in the printer to see if there's any obvious leakage from your cyan into the carriage as that can have the same effect.

Hope that helps a little more.

I think I have found out what the problem is...
the cyan ink has gone into the other tube
that is why there is no cyan printing out when i do test prints but light cyan works

how do i take the ink out of that thing?
here are some pictures...

but i printed it again and now i have no cyan at all

this is what my nozzle checks look like

but i printed it again and now i have no cyan at all

Looking at your CIS, the system must have been working before. It appears the intake filter is probably restricting air intake. If you remove the filter and see the ink level change. Especially the center part that you have marked by a circle. When there is a restriction from the air intake, the tube in the middle cannot not get the air to replace the ink that has left the tube. The vacuum is holding the ink at this hig level. It is not natural to have ink in the same container at different level.

Having said that, this tube should have air all the way to the bottom when it is at a balanced state. This is how the CIS control the air pressure in the cartridge. The photo you show has the CIS intake not receiving air, causing the problem of too much negative pressure to delivered to the cyan cartridge.

http://www.efillink.com
http://www.inkfillshop.com
Post Filter upside down? 
One thing I noticed, it seems the intake filter is turned up side down. Please check.

http://www.efillink.com
http://www.inkfillshop.com
thanks for replying so quickly easyrefill
ya I checked the intake filter, its on properly, it just looks wierd in the picture

I have notice that all the other inks didnt have ink in the middle tube, so I decided to take it out with the syringe but it just keeps coming back...
so that means I have to take out all the ink from the cyan section with the syringe and put it back in..?

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next