ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Colors for R200

It worked!!!

Did you put cleaning fluid in the cartridge, or did you just prime the system?

Martin is right about putting cleaning fluid in the ink. Your problem might have been a clog in the cyan cartridge as the screen was plugged by the dye ink. Many cheap dye ink will clog the cartridge. Use s good ink even if it cost more. It is really less expensive when you account for the waste from cleaning and the time spent to deal with the cheap ink.

Print quality starts with a good quality ink. Next is the delivery system. A good CIS will maintain proper pressure level in the cartridge. A steady flow rate is critical to consistent performance.

Good luck.

http://www.efillink.com
http://www.inkfillshop.com
The only thing I did so far was prime all the colors because the others needed to be done too
and what type of cleaning fluid and where can I find it?
also I dont want to put it in the ink cartridge so do they sell only cleaning cartridges

will taking a syringe with cleaning fluid and dropping into the heads help?

Post What cleaning fluid to use? 
thuglife wrote:
The only thing I did so far was prime all the colors because the others needed to be done too
and what type of cleaning fluid and where can I find it?
also I dont want to put it in the ink cartridge so do they sell only cleaning cartridges

will taking a syringe with cleaning fluid and dropping into the heads help?

I use Mr Muscle window cleaner. I am able to find a clear liquid and it works great when mixed with ink. Use it only for cleaning. If you expect to print photos, the color will be lighter. Inject a small amount into the cartridge just the way you prime the system. Except you are injecting cleaning fluid into the cartridge. Do this very slowly using a small amount of cleaning fluid. 2 - 5 ml should work. You may test with one cartridge to see if you can get the cleaning fluid in.

If the printer is working fine, I suggest you do not do anything until you see a problem again.

There is a special cleaning fluid for pigment ink. But for dye ink, Mr Muscle window cleaner will work fine.

Be very cautious - remember that on some cartridges 5ml is a significant part of the total capacity, so you don't want a cartridge full of cleaner to get rid of. If you need to, I would suggest that you inject 1ml or so directly into the ink spike using extreme caution and minimum pressure. Put some absorbent paper under the head first to take up any that goes right through the head. This way you don't risk contaminating your cartridges, and a cleaning cycle will wash out all the cleaning fluid so that your colour profile will not be rubbished. Probably wise to print a couple of purge pages as well just to be sure. I think the wise adage is "If it ain't broke don't fix it" in this case.

Be very cautious - remember that on some cartridges 5ml is a significant part of the total capacity, so you don't want a cartridge full of cleaner to get rid of. If you need to, I would suggest that you inject 1ml or so directly into the ink spike using extreme caution and minimum pressure. Put some absorbent paper under the head first to take up any that goes right through the head. This way you don't risk contaminating your cartridges, and a cleaning cycle will wash out all the cleaning fluid so that your colour profile will not be rubbished. Probably wise to print a couple of purge pages as well just to be sure. I think the wise adage is "If it ain't broke don't fix it" in this case.

Peter,

You are absolutely right. But in this case the CIS was clogged to start with. I have to assume it is bad ink. That's why I suggest not to put cleaning fluid in the cartridge unless there is a clog again. Color profile will not matter if the printer cannot print.

I just removed ink from the air filter tubing by laying the resevoir pack on it's side so the intake 'chamber' is clear of the main resevoir ink. Then start to suck the ink from the air intake opening with a syringe. On mine it had the recerse effect and forced the inkback into the main resevoir thus clearing the tubing. I have an Everest system.

Only thing now is I am still missing yellow and black amd magenta.

I'm going to try without the filters & see how that works.

One thing I found on a CIS I purchased was the elbow connector on top of the cartridge, where the tubing attaches, was clogged. The unit must have sat on the shelf for a while before I bought it. Ink had dried inside the elbow. I removed the tubing, pulled the elbow and ran hot water over and through it until I removed the clog.
You might try carefully injecting some air with a syringe into the air filter of your reservoir to make sure you have ink flow all the way through the system to the cartridge.

A word of warning!!! Be careful removing the elbow connector. Most are mounted inside a rubber grommet but do not force it. If you break it, you will have a useless cartridge unless you find a way to get the tubing mated back to the cartridge.
Second warning!!! Be careful if you use your sink to run hot water through the elbow. Don't burn yourself and also, place a cloth or something over the drain in case you drop the elbow. Ya don't want to disassemble your sink drain now do ya?
Use a toothpick or possibly a thin paperclip to help dislodge any stubborn dried ink.

Cool

but my cyan is still clogged, i thought i had it fixed

all the other colors are perfect, its like when i first bought the printer
but the cyan only shows up a little bit
what should i do?
im thinking of getting a new printer

One thing I found on a CIS I purchased was the elbow connector on top of the cartridge, where the tubing attaches, was clogged. The unit must have sat on the shelf for a while before I bought it. Ink had dried inside the elbow. I removed the tubing, pulled the elbow and ran hot water over and through it until I removed the clog.

That doesn't sound good at all..

If anything it indicates that the ink may be reacting to the plastic or whatever material the elbow is made of. It may also indicate that air has been sat in the elbow (which would figure if the system has been sat on a shelf for a while) and creating a block.

If nothing else you've learned that a CIS that's sat will clog, especially pigment where there's air.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next