ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Refillable cartridge or CIS?
Post How to purge the air in the initial installation? 
Could someone (maybe Ronnie) tell me how to purge the air out of the easyrefillable cartridges in the initial installation? I have tried to install them, all seemed to work fine except the black one! Maybe the black cartridge is defective!!! I have already wasted 1/4 of the ink (1 out of 4oz) trying to perform head cleanings and got very frustrated as well. Thanks for all inputs.

Raymond

Post Re: How to purge the air in the initial installation? 
rayq wrote:
Could someone (maybe Ronnie) tell me how to purge the air out of the easyrefillable cartridges in the initial installation? I have tried to install them, all seemed to work fine except the black one! Maybe the black cartridge is defective!!! I have already wasted 1/4 of the ink (1 out of 4oz) trying to perform head cleanings and got very frustrated as well. Thanks for all inputs.

Raymond

Could you give more idea of which cartridges you're talking about and any photos then someone might be more informed and able to help.

I am using the Easyrefill cartridges bought from "easyrefill or efillink.com" for my R320. I keep the printer on 7/24, and perform nozzle check everyday even though I don't print anything. I did check there was still ink in the cartridge which always get problem. Since I didn't print much everyday (< 10 4x6 prints per week), I thought easyrefillable cartridges was good enough for my usage, but it seems not!

Hope this can clarify my suituation. Thanks.

Raymond

Hmmm.. Not sure exactly here so take this with a pinch of salt but it does sound like you may have air trapped in the printhead which may be causing the problem. Some help exists on this sort of thing over on nifty-stuff forums so worth asking there.

Also, in terms of keeping things going you want to avoid using the cleaning routine more than twice in a row.. it's always wise to print something in between cycles as that resets the type of cleaning it does... Also, cleaning cycles tend to just waste ink after a while without solving the problem.

As I said, I'd check out the information shared on the nifty-stuff forums and you'll probably find your way through the problem.

One last suggestion though and that's to install the OEM black cartridge in place of the easyrefill one.. If that works but the easyrefill doesn't then you at least have an idea of what could be to blame.

I talked to the seller and I think I have the problem solved. Those cartridges come with two plugs each. I put those two plugs back after they printed out OK after the head cleanings, but since there is no intake air, the ink would eventually refuse to come out after X amount of prints. After unplug one of the plugs (for whoever uses the cartrige, it is the one at the front of the cartridge; the one in the back should stay), the ink flowed smoothly. And I'll post an update two weeks from now.

There is no instruction when I bought the combo set. The only instruction was on the seller's website, but it didn't mention anything about the plugs. I am here strongly suggesting a written instruction shipped together with product and state the importance of the plugs.

Raymond

Thanks for your help, Martin.

I talked to the seller and I think I have the problem solved. Those cartridges come with two plugs each. I put those two plugs back after they printed out OK after the head cleanings, but since there is no intake air, the ink would eventually refuse to come out after X amount of prints. After unplug one of the plugs (for whoever uses the cartrige, it is the one at the front of the cartridge; the one in the back should stay), the ink flowed smoothly.

Of course... sorry this will sound a bit erm.. well blunt.. but I didn't think that you might have left all the air intakes plugged..

You do need one to be open so that air can replace the ink used up or you end up with vaccum as you found.. At least you've probably solved it now.. Smile

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2