ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Canon I865 Black 3EBk won't print
Post Canon I865 Black 3EBk won't print 
I've had a nightmare with this. Black text stopped printing. went through deep cleaning cycle 10+ times - no result. Purchased new print head at around £60, still the same fault. Re-loaded all printer software. Fault still the same. The fault is also exhibited when the printhead tests are run. Logic tells me this must be a firmware/cable fault in the printer...anyone had similar experiences? I notice that there are 2 canon I 865s on E-Bay with the same fault!!

The problem is I've got 100+ cartridges for this beast, and I would like to get it fixed...

Couple of things you haven't mentioned here that are possibles...

- Have you tried OEM Canon cartridges with the new printhead (or indeed the old one)
- Any indication of the contacts that connect to the printhead being soiled, bent or otherwise failing to connect?
- What ink supplier are you using and was there any correlation between the printer dying and the cartridges being used?

Not sure how much we'll be able to help on here but if we don't have the juice then try nifty-stuff.com forums as they tend to know their Canons and i know there's a bunch of i865 owners on there who might have a clue.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1