ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Nexxtech CIS On An Epson R200 - Clip Placement
Post Nexxtech CIS On An Epson R200 - Clip Placement 
I have a Nexxtech CIS for my Epson R200 that I bought in about February and my last set of carts are just now running empty so I figure it's time to install it. I was going over the sparse instructions and had a few questions. Firstly, does anyone have or know where I can find a good picture that shows the clip placements? The instructions are very vague about this and I've seen others talk about the clips falling off and low clearance so I want to make sure I get them in the right spots and super glue them on. A good picture would really help me out with this. Smile

And secondly I was wondering on what the exact process is when the ink carts show as empty in the Epson printer software? Will they automatically reset? Do I need to take the carts out and put them back in? I also heard some other people talking about an ink level freezing program, is this necessary?

If anyone could help me out with these couple questions I would really appreciate it, I'd hate to mess up this install.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
T

To answer your second question first, the auto reset chips will reset at power up once the ink falls below a predefined level - often around 25% full - back to 100% full or close to that level. The downside of the 100% full type is that the printer "thinks" that new cartridges have been installed, and so does a major head clean which wastes ink. The cleverer chips reset to say 90% or so, thus fooling the printer which carries on as though there had been no cartridge change, so no excessive head cleaning. Same scenario with the ink freeze type, these remain at the same level however much ink is used, so again no un-necessary head cleaning. You shouldn't need to take the cartridges out at all unless some other problem arises, as this would defeat the whole purpose of CIS systems.

As for installation pics, a search will reveal plenty of installation photos, but in reality use common sense and careful placement of clips whilst moving the print head (with power off!!) to see what happens to the feed tubes over the whole range of head positions. If you get the position correct, the tubes will just not tighten at the extremes of head position (very important), and will therefore have the minimum amount to flop around when the head is moving rapidly.

One word of warning, however you fix the final clip, make sure it doesn't move as the head traverses, otherwise you the tubes may touch the printer structure when the head accelerates/decelerates rapidly - they can thrash around in quite an alarming way.

On my system (Epson 890) I eventually bought a tube support bracket from MIS, and threw away those which came with the system. Haven't checked if MIS sell brackets and clips for the R200/220 series.

I finally got around to putting this system in today but I'm unable to get the clips in a position that work through the entire range of head positions. The problem I'm having is when the head is in the farm left position, I"m not sure if the tubing is bunching up under there are not. Is there suppose to be a clip holding the tubing to the print head itself? And where have you guys found the best success with the clip that holds the tubing on the inside of the printer? From the picture it kind of looks like it goes underneath the rounded finger pull tab where the cd tray opens, but there's also a slot right next to there that suspiciously fits the clip rather well.

I looked around on the forum for installation picture but didn't find the ones Peter_G was referring to, so if someone could help me with a pic or just let me know where they ended up putting their clips I'd really appreciate it. Smile

Thanks
T

This link might be of assistance, has lots of advice as .pdf files and videos. Products look reasonable too.

http://printonadime.com/index.html

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1