ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Canon printheads
Post Canon printheads 
Just thought I'd pass this little nugget along as it's saved me from a few expensive replacements in the past..

Canon printheads can be bought cheaply on eBay if you know the part number which is usually molded into the back where the circuit/contact board sits.

Oh and for your own info.. the iX4000 and iX5000 models can use the QY6-0064 or QY6-0042-000 (the part number was merely updated apparently)

any cheaper printhead for ip 4200? they cost almost 75% of the printer. problem with this printheads is not the nozzles. the strainer at the top and ink path always clogged...cleaning it is a risk.. they fell apart.. the ceramic component at the bottom is heavy which detached it from the inlet ports and strainer. Rolling Eyes

any cheaper printhead for ip 4200? they cost almost 75% of the printer.

Inkcessories on ebay sell them for $50 or thereabouts.. but no there's no other way apart from buying a new printer.

Quote:
problem with this printheads is not the nozzles. the strainer at the top and ink path always clogged...cleaning it is a risk.. they fell apart..

Didn't really understand your post but usually clogs happen when you don't use it for a long time or because the ink used is poor quality. Worst of all when someone uses different types of ink from different manufacturers.. Often that leads to a chemical reaction and a really bad clog.

TBH, if you are getting a clogged strainer then you have a really lousy ink supply so I'd look at a new supplier before I'd start blaming the printhead.

Quote:
the ceramic component at the bottom is heavy which detached it from the inlet ports and strainer. Rolling Eyes

That's rarely a problem because they are screwed in properly... If you take the printhead apart then you're going to have a really bad day unless you detach the circuit board first, and even then it's only something a really competent and knowledgeable person is going to want to try.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1