ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
CIS recomendation for HP K550
Post CIS recomendation for HP K550 
Hi,

I just bought a K550 and i'm looking for a good CIS system.

Could you guys recomend me good CIS system for K550 ?

Thank You,
Jensen

Post Re: CIS recomendation for HP K550 
jensen wrote:

As it goes I just got myself a K550 this past week and am in the same position...

What I've come up with is that really all you need is a set of refillable cartridges with autoreset chips that can be converted so they are fed from a set of reservoirs. Because the cartridges are static there's no tube pathway problems to counter.. basically the printer itself is a CIS so I just plan to add some reservoirs that feed my carts and see if that does it... By all accounts it should work fine.

FYI: I'm getting the carts from here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay...

I've read somewhere that using only the Cartridges i'll probaly have problem for not having the negative pressure inside the Cartridge normaly present in CIS system that automaticaly cleans the head "sucking" the ink left on it after printing. Because of this problem i would need to clean the head frequently. Thats what i read.

Another problem using only the cartridges without external tanks i've read says that i does not works well with Pigment ink.

Dou have any idea if those things are true ?

Thanks

Martin wrote:
jensen wrote:

As it goes I just got myself a K550 this past week and am in the same position...

What I've come up with is that really all you need is a set of refillable cartridges with autoreset chips that can be converted so they are fed from a set of reservoirs. Because the cartridges are static there's no tube pathway problems to counter.. basically the printer itself is a CIS so I just plan to add some reservoirs that feed my carts and see if that does it... By all accounts it should work fine.

FYI: I'm getting the carts from here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay...

jensen wrote:
I've read somewhere that using only the Cartridges i'll probaly have problem for not having the negative pressure inside the Cartridge normaly present in CIS system that automaticaly cleans the head "sucking" the ink left on it after printing. Because of this problem i would need to clean the head frequently. Thats what i read.

Another problem using only the cartridges without external tanks i've read says that i does not works well with Pigment ink.

Dou have any idea if those things are true ?

Thanks

I've heard that some models of HP inkjet have a system that sucks the ink back into the cartridge but I think those are the HP02 carts.. I'll see if I can find out more on that score but I don't think the K550 is affected.

As to the negative pressure stuff.. To be honest the only reason a CIS benefits from a standardised pressure system is because it means you don't have to worry about:
a) pressure changing too much when the the reservoir starts to get low
b) pressure causing a freeflow or backflow if you put the reservoirs on top of the printer to move it, or lift the printer at all..

In truth I've never actually used one of these systems and whilst I've heard that they work I've also heard a lot of people complain about the horrendous quality of the plastic, moulding, etc.. so until someone comes up with a good system I'm happy to stick with my bottles and dipped tubes as reservoirs.

I recently bought a K550 and bought refillable carts from here: www.inkjetmallhk.com. They look exactly like the ones in Martin's ebay auction except with a different sticker. They came from Hong Kong and when they arrived (rather quickly actually) there was nothing in the box except the carts. Zero documentation. After I figured out a few things the carts have been working flawlessly and I'm very happy with them. The things I figured out were 1. there is a plug labeled "air" which needs to stay open when in use or else the ink will eventually stop flowing. 2. the black cartridge is the one that does the resetting.
I got the ink from www.inkcityusa.com which seemed like a good deal and has worked fine. The store from which I bought the carts also sells a CIS for the K550, but for me that seemed like overkill because the carts hold a decent amount of ink and I don't find myself refilling them often.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1