ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Looking for CIS for Epson RX700?
Post Looking for CIS for Epson RX700? 
Anyone know of a CIS for the Epson RX700. Ive found a few But they seem to all be of the $50 version (not sure if I want to trust them) Ive been to MIS Which ive heard alot of good things about but they dont have it yet or I over looked it.
I would also like to know if I can use pigmented ink in this printer SAFELY that is Confused

Thanks For any help you can provide

Reason you won't find a CIS from MIS that handles any multifunctionals is for a couple of reasons.
  • They have limited resources and multifunctionals are low use so they just don't test on them.
  • MIS would never create a CIS they hadn't tested properly
  • Multifunctionals are also a LOT harder to install CIS's into

In a nutshell they know that support required is a lot greater and the potential profit is just not worth it... Personally I don't blame them.. Other CIS kit manufacturers who will claim to support the model have virtually no support worth speaking about and just shove the model in because yes it'll fit but no they don't tell you how to do it.

Best I can offer at this point is that you could request a CIS for a compatible model from MIS or another reputable company and ensure they understand that you need more than just the usual amount of tubing (MIS have a habit of cutting their tubing VERY close to the minimum required) and then taking a long hard look at how you can successfully install a CIS in your printer.

I know I've managed to do it in a CX6600 which is similar but not 100% the same and trust me it was a lot easier than the Canon MP models which are a nightmare so it is possible..

Yea I know this being a Multifunction and being as new as it is It may be a while till some one comes out with something.
The conversion should be easy though the cartridges on the RX700 don't move with the print head and are mounted 3 on each side of the printer so there would be no worries with tubing issues.

Thanks for Reply Martin.
Yea I know this being a Multifunction and being as new as it is It may be a while till some one comes out with something.
The conversion should be easy though the cartridges on the RX700 don't move with the print head and are mounted 3 on each side of the printer so there would be no worries with tubing issues.

I wasn't aware that the system was designed that way... If that's the case all you are going to need to know is whether you can find some autoreset chips for that model printer and some compatible cartridges.. After that all you need is some tubing, ink and away you go... Because the actual cartridges don't move it actually makes the whole process of creating or fitting a CIS a lot easier.. (No worrying about tube pathways, movement, etc..).

If anything your biggest problem is figuring out how to direct the tubing into the printer without crimping it and ensuring the "lid open" doesn't show up.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1