ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Spam and measures being taken
Post Spam and measures being taken 
Like everyone else, I've had my fill of the number of spam posts recently making it into the forum so I've been spending the past few days installing a few bits and pieces of code that should reduce the spam flood to a trickle over the next few days.

This is still very much code that needs to be tested and tweaked so please bear with me while I try to get it sorted out. If you notice a problem please could you email:
test (aT) snailsource (doT) com

and I'll check for problems..

Thanks

I've been doing some bug testing today but with a little luck you should start noticing some improvements shortly..

The following changes have been enabled:

• IpSpoof detection - Any spoofed IP addresses will stop the user from being able to register
  • Open Proxy use - Using an open proxy to hide your identity on an open/public site like this usually means you're up to no good so you'll be blocked.
  • Bot post prevention - Basically if you're a bot you'll get the preview page and not be able to submit a post
  • Harsher spamword list - spamwords have been tightened and will be detected in registrations, profiles, posts, and email addresses.

I am also considering banning the web.de email domain as the number of bot spam posts from there is reaching stupid proportions.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1