ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
New R2400
Post New R2400 
I just bought an Epson R2400 and I am considering purchasing either refillable carts or CIS. I have read a lot of reviews and forums. I have concluded that the best re-up on ink is always OEM, especially with this printer purchased primarily for the ink itself. This printer will be used as my home tinkering and printing for the hobby side of my proffesion. I shoot mostly wildlife and nature. I am new to this forum. Please if you have experience with either of these systems, give me some input. I will probably be printing 2-5 large prints (13x19) per week. I understand the cost differences, however, it is a toss up concerning ease of use, functionality, cleanliness and dependability. Please help!;D

If you're looking at a CIS I would highly recommend MIS associates (www.inksupply.com) as a good place to get your kit and your ink too.. If you're planning on doing a LOT of printing, are based in Europe and decide to get some bulk ink later then Gemini Colours in Holland are an excellent supplier too.. They both stock Image Associates inks and are well worth the cost in the long run.

I appreciate you're potentially looking at a large expense initially but please whatever you do, avoid the temptation to go cheap with eBay.. with a printer as expensive as yours you want to avoid paying dearly in the long run to save a few pennies short term.

Hope that helps.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1