ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
hydrostatic pressure question??
Post hydrostatic pressure question?? 
I am a newbie. I recently bought a commercial ciss for a K5400tn. This printer comes with an additional paper tray. With the additional paper tray installed, it raises the printer by 3 1/2 inches. Do I need to have the external tanks "elevated" to the same level as the cartridges or can they sit on my desk which is 3 1/2" lower than the cartridges?

I am concerned that I could burn out the printer head if the ink "draw" is not sufficient.

Thanks

Post Re: hydrostatic pressure question?? 
risktaker99 wrote:
I am a newbie. I recently bought a commercial ciss for a K5400tn. This printer comes with an additional paper tray. With the additional paper tray installed, it raises the printer by 3 1/2 inches. Do I need to have the external tanks "elevated" to the same level as the cartridges or can they sit on my desk which is 3 1/2" lower than the cartridges?

I am concerned that I could burn out the printer head if the ink "draw" is not sufficient.

Thanks

Based on 4 different printers to date I've found that the dyebase inks (Cyan, Yellow, Magenta) seem to be fine at printer base level but the black pigment ink seems to require locating higher up.

To that end I've located all my inks roughly on the same levels as the printer cartridges themselves.. Seems to work well that way.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1